• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Puffin crossing Kansas City!

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
After reading JNL's post regarding PUFFIN crossings, I was inspired to do a bit of research.

Believe it or not, I found an example of a PUFFIN crossing in Kansas City.

Wanna' see?

Okay!

Budgie

Cyburbian
Road Kill

I'm glad I didn't hit that puffin when I Segwayed past the boar last week.

I just got back from a drive to Dallas this past week. Along the way my children and I played our favorite highway game -- "Count the Carcass". The kids get points for being the first to identify the carcass' species correctly. Lots of possum on a half shell (armadillos) this week.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Re: Road Kill

Budgie said:
Along the way my children and I played our favorite highway game -- "Count the Carcass". The kids get points for being the first to identify the carcass' species correctly. Lots of possum on a half shell (armadillos) this week.
I wish you'd posted this a couple of weeks ago, before I took a road trip with my young 'un, he'd have loved it! I bought him about $50 worth of activity books, road games, etc., but all he did was TALK. Although I must say, his made-up narrations of "Celebrity Death Matches" ("Carrot Top vs. Mr. T, who's gonna win?"), inspired by Cyburbia's death matches, were pretty amusing...