• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Land use Quarantine Housing ?

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
If someone is quarantine, are we going to let them or the family live in a trailer or rv on the residential lot?

arcplans

As Featured in "High Times"
If someone is quarantine, are we going to let them or the family live in a trailer or rv on the residential lot?
It is against our code to live or have an overnight stay in an RV on any property in the City.

dw914er

Cyburbian
Our City implemented an Executive Order to allow RVs as emergency shelter for emergency responders and healthcare personnel during the Covid-19 emergency declaration - normally, our code does not allow overnight stay in RVs on properties.

DVD

Cyburbian
My neighbor is doing it. No one cares and it's not like the city will randomly stop by and write a ticket. He works for UPS and is trying to protect his family, except now they all break out camping chairs in the driveway and hang out. I'm not sure how that's helping.

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think if it's not allowed, your city is well within its authority, especially if they or their governor have declared an emergency for the pandemic, to allow temporary housing for the sick or for isolation purposes.

Faust_Motel

Cyburbian
I wouldn't enforce against it and if somebody wanted me to I'd let them appeal my decision up the chain. That process would probably take longer than the state of emergency. If you don't get to be bureaucratic once in awhile, what's the point of being a bureaucrat?

Old Planner

Early April, the Board issued a notice that RVs and commercial vehicle parking and use will not be enforced until the end of the month, and asked that HOAs follow suit, to provide places to rest, clean-up, and separate.