• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Question for Dan

BethN

Dan,

I found Perry's Cantina by clicking on the old Cyburbia Cafe address... but in the new structure, if I click on Cyburbia Community, Perry's Cantina is not listed as a option. Is it missing? or am I missing something?

Thanks for all the time you're devoting to this.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
It's a hidden forum, from an administration standpoint. I set it up that way to prevent the posters who aren't so serious (i.e. those who post simple "screw you" type messages) from posting here, and to keep the "character" of the board similar to old WWWBoard-based message board. Considering the registration system (all users must be registered before they can post), off-topic messages might not be too much of a problem. I can also set up Perry or any of the regulars (Earl, Ray) as moderators.

If Perry wants the Cantina to be visible from the main Cyburbia Forum users, I'll make it so.

Anyone interested in being a moderator?

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I "unhid" the Cantina on a trial basis. I also made Perry a moderator -- after all, it's Perry's Cantina.

Perry Norton

Cyburbian Emeritus
I'm willing to be an Administrator, provided I can learn what the various "steps" mean. I'm catching on, but slowly.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
It's been done!

Perry -- want me to change your username to "Perry Norton"?

Perry Norton

Cyburbian Emeritus
Yes, it would be better that way. I'd be interested in seeing what you can do with the license plate, Also, what happened to the essay "Volunteers on Top".

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
The essay should be posted tonight.

I've changed the username; the username in your posts and the Perry's Cantina thread listing should change when you post your next message. I think.

The license plate -- keep it or trash it? It's an avatar -- I can use your picture (see below), any image not exceeding 80 pixels in any dimension, or nothing if you want.

I'm experimenting with custom templates, and I'll see if I can apply a color scheme that is similar to that in Perry's Corner.

I upped your post count to 155, to reflect the approximate number of posts you made in the old bulletin board.

By the way, vBulletin permits archiving of older posts in a way; the thread listing contains the 30 most recent threads, with additional pages for older threads, each with 30 per page. I know it's something that you (and a lot of others) have been eager to see implemented for some time.

Perry Norton

Cyburbian Emeritus
The picture is fine - let's use it. And I guess maybe I have only 25 percent of the questions still answered - the trouble is that I don't know what they are - yet !!!