• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

R.I.P. John Ritter

michaelskis

Cyburbian
He was a good actor, and well, his new show, the blond is way to hot not to have a TV daddy.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Heaven's comedy clubs will be full tonight!

RIP in peace John

This is not a good day for Johns.

SGB

Cyburbian
Come and knock on our door, we'll be waiting for you.....

A bad day for Johns, indeed.

RIP, Mr. Ritter.

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
michaelskis said:
He was a good actor, and well, his new show, the blond is way to hot not to have a TV daddy.
I'll be her daddy! It is sad to lose John and Johnny at the same time. Life goes on, though.

BiteMeElmo

Cyburbian
Other than Saturday morning cartoons, he was pretty much my introduction to slapstick comedy. He will be missed.

oulevin

Cyburbian
where the restrooms are Hers and Hers and His

For awhile, Ritter was Mr. ABC. When we were younger, my sister and I would watch Three's Company reruns over the summer and after school (yeah, not exactly kids fare), and thought Jack was da man. His passing was too soon, and he will be missed.

nerudite

Cyburbian
I only knew him from Three's Company when I was a kid, and never really thought that much about him. I rediscovered how talented he was when I saw Sling Blade. It is so sad when someone who makes the world laugh dies so young.

SGB

Cyburbian
kms said:
[BClifford the Big Red Dog has lost his voice. [/B]
Damn! Didn't know that....

Combine that with the loss of Gregory Hines (the father's voice on Lil' Bill), and this has been a really bad summer for voice actors in quality children's television.

:(

The Irish One

way to young, very funny very cool. He's the only guy I know of that got away with showing his nut sack on prime time tv. .

Greenescapist

Cyburbian
Johnny Cash is the bigger loss. He was an amazing musician. I heard someone say once that he could sing the telephone book and it would sound good. I just got "American Recordings" a few weeks ago and it's amazing.

The Irish One

Slave

During the 3's company years Ritters nut sack was briefly exposed. I think he was sitting on the couch and crossed his legs and a nut fell out of those tight 80's shorts. none of the producers or film people saw it and it was aired. Nobody noticed except one guy who decided to sue ritter and/or production company for emotional problems -or something like that. Now this suing is all fairly recent and totally hilarious , fortunately John thought it was as well, as he explained the story on Conan one night not long ago.

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
A very bad day for Johns indeed. I liked his new show. Tis a pity he is gone too. And so young.

swingblade

Remember Swingblade with background music by Daniel Lanois -- he was great in that movie, memorable character.