Rabid Bush Hater?

Habanero

Cyburbian
PlannerGirl said:
Im a rabid bush hater and proud of it.
Ditto that. I just wrote future inlaws a 3,048 letter letting them know in how many ways they've seriously offended me by not only sending me pro-Bush but anti-gay crap (and a few other things thrown in for good measure) to my house.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I'll just say that in the past three and a half years, the number of FORMER Republicans in my family has gone up quite a bit. I really, really want to know where the poll numbers are coming from.

BKM

Cyburbian
I despise the man, his frightening cabal of arrogant imperialists, and the toadies (like Powell) who helped provide a veneer of respectability to him-especially the whole just folks image created for him (likewise for Saint Ronnie...thank god that week of syrup is over)

My biggest problem is with people I know (like co-workers and my brother) who opine serenly that torture is just fine with them. Of course, my one co-worker drives an hour to see Michael Savage, and my brother is a moderator at Free republic, so...:(

Sadly, John Kerry is utterly uninspiring. Still...

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
BKM said:
(likewise for Saint Ronnie...thank god that week of syrup is over)
Not around here. Most flags I've seen are still at half staff.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Dan said:
I'll just say that in the past three and a half years, the number of FORMER Republicans in my family has gone up quite a bit. I really, really want to know where the poll numbers are coming from.
Same here. There are at least three former Republicans in my family, myself included. The rest have usually tended to vote Democratic, and none of them have switched over to Bush.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
My family is all military and all but a couple hold outs have decided to not vote for Bush but go for Kerry. Heck my dad is a retired vet and has gone to protests and encuraged others to work with "Move on".

Strange times indeed.

Duke Of Dystopia said:
After all, it defeats the purpose of having scientists.

This is why many U.S. scientists are taking there experiments elsewhere (other countries) where the political and moral beast can not interfere with what science really is.

el Guapo

Professor Emeritus of Cyburbian Studies
[joke]You Bush haters shouldn't bunch up, as they said in Viet Nam, one grenade could get you all.

In your next posts could you please give us your jumpsuit size and note your preference for the standard issue text you'll be issued: the Koran or that book by Marx.[/joke]

You guys are so cute. But seriously, I hate to think we Clinton Haters looked just as silly back in the day as you guys do now.

el Guapo said:
You guys are so cute. But seriously, I hate to think we Clinton Haters looked just as silly back in the day as you guys do now.
I thought this thread was about scientists and the unethical role politics is having on many scientific advances that could be made if politics were not involved, such as stem cell research for example.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
el Guapo said:
But seriously, I hate to think we Clinton Haters looked just as silly back in the day as you guys do now.
Not as silly as the Hillary and Chelsea haters. Gawd, what was the deal with that? We lib'ruls tended to stay clear of bashing Laura Bush and the Bushettes.

A little experiment I ran: Google "kill all the conservatives", and be sure to include the quotation marks. Seven hits. Next, Google "kill all the liberals", again including the quotation marks. 135 hits.

Oh, an obligatory rant ... Reagan has been dead for more than 30 days. Time to raise the flags already.

Dan said:
Not as silly as the Hillary and Chelsea haters. Gawd, what was the deal with that? We lib'ruls tended to stay clear of bashing Laura Bush and the Bushettes.
Hilary is fair game seing how she's a juinor senator. She hasn't done anything for NYS and is basically using it as her personal stepping stone. I like to bash her ever chance I get. :-D

Budgie

Cyburbian
Habanero said:
I just wrote future inlaws a 3,048 letter letting them know in how many ways they've seriously offended me by not only sending me pro-Bush but anti-gay crap (and a few other things thrown in for good measure) to my house.
OFF TOPIC, BUT ....

As if being the future betrothed to their precious perfect son isn't enough. BEWARE the mother in-law. The seeds of hate and discontent have already been planted into the fertile soil of her mind. Wait till you hear some of the crap she'll tell her future grandchildren. Holiday's are always a hoot !!!! Just realize that your hubby will be largely oblivious to the female verbal jabfest. Enjoy !!!!

Cirrus

Cyburbian
Let's see. Bush haters are upset about being lied to over terrorism, war, religion and the environment, yet are concentrating on defeating Bush in the next election. Clinton haters were upset about being lied to over a blow job, and made history with a ridiculous impeachment.

Nah. You guys didn't look stupid at all.

otterpop

Cyburbian
Cirrus said:
Let's see. Bush haters are upset about being lied to over terrorism, war, religion and the environment, yet are concentrating on defeating Bush in the next election. Clinton haters were upset about being lied to over a blow job, and made history with a ridiculous impeachment.

Nah. You guys didn't look stupid at all.
I've thought the same thing. Guess it is all part of the on-going battle between the tax and spend liberals and the slash taxes and spend conservatives

PlannerGirl said:
Im a rabid bush hater and proud of it.
Oh boy, the possibilities with that one...

I love bush, now as for the president, yeah he comes off like an idiot. But I still am voting for him this fall. Like it matters in my state anyway. Republicans always win. Probably won't find Kerry here except for a stopover at the airport for 30 minutes.

Habanero

Cyburbian
Budgie said:
OFF TOPIC, BUT ....

As if being the future betrothed to their precious perfect son isn't enough. BEWARE the mother in-law. The seeds of hate and discontent have already been planted into the fertile soil of her mind. Wait till you hear some of the crap she'll tell her future grandchildren. Holiday's are always a hoot !!!! Just realize that your hubby will be largely oblivious to the female verbal jabfest. Enjoy !!!!
It was actually to his step-brother and his sister in law and his parents back me up 100%.

el Guapo said:
[joke].......In your next posts could you please give us your jumpsuit size and note your preference for the standard issue text you'll be issued: the Koran or that book by Marx.[/joke]

That would be Extra Large for comfort! And you can skip the Koran or Marx, but I will have my copy of the Icelandic Saga's! :-D

Whats silly about wanting a leader that acts like a decent human being? To bad the standards aren't applied evenly. It seems that if you claim that your killing for god and country, you don't need to have scruples, morals, decency or many other things that SHOULD be present in a leader.

Honor, courage, candor, honesty, integrity. Hmmm, Haven't had that in a leader in close to 12 years.