Rabid Bush Hater?

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
This just in ... the Bush administration files a complaint with Irish diplomats, because a television reporter from RTE asked some hard-hitting questions.

Waaaaaaaaaah!! She wouldn't stop following up on questions!

Better be careful of what we say here, though. Who knows what might happen if Bush cancels the election.

The government needs to establish guidelines for canceling or rescheduling elections if terrorists strike the United States again, says the chairman of a new federal voting commission.

Such guidelines do not currently exist, said DeForest B. Soaries, head of the voting panel.

Soaries was appointed to the federal Election Assistance Commission last year by President Bush. Soaries said he wrote to National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice and Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge in April to raise the concerns.
Canceling the election? Not suspending, but totally eliminating them? I hope I'm just being paranoid.

Dan said:
This just in ... the Bush administration files a complaint with Irish diplomats, because a television reporter from RTE asked some hard-hitting questions.

Waaaaaaaaaah!! She wouldn't stop following up on questions!

Better be careful of what we say here, though. Who knows what might happen if Bush cancels the election.

Canceling the election? Not suspending, but totally eliminating them? I hope I'm just being paranoid.
You are not being paranoid at all. Nothing, and I mean nothing, would suprise me about the Bush Administration.

Tom R

Cyburbian
marx

el Guapo said:
In your next posts could you please give us your jumpsuit size and note your preference for the standard issue text you'll be issued: the Koran or that book by Marx.[/joke]

What do you have against the Marx Brothers? Granted, Zeppo and Gummo never amounted to much, but Harpo had such a way with words!

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Dan your not being paranoid at all and there are provisions that allow a pres to last more than 2 terms in times of war.

These folks are VERY scary

Hating Bush is the most intellegent thing we can do. We have a president read the Cliff notes on Orwell's 1984 and thought it was a model on how to run a country. :-c That's assuming he was bright enough to read and understand the notes, being a proud C student and all. I have never seen so much double speak come out of the mouth of a political figure.

A couple of weeks ago I saw Will Smith's "Enemy of the State" again. Considering it came out pre 9/11 and the patriot act, it has the eerie ring of prophesy. :-c

BKM said:
I despise the man, his frightening cabal of arrogant imperialists, and the toadies (like Powell) who helped provide a veneer of respectability to him-especially the whole just folks image created for him (likewise for Saint Ronnie...thank god that week of syrup is over)

I don't like Bush, he lied to the American people.He should have committed all of the troops to Afganistan and catch that Bas**d Bin Larden. Rather than do the right thing, he invaded Iraq and they had nothing to do with 9/11. I was in DC when the plane hit the Pentagon,and it was a scary time. I'm scared that Bush might get re-elected. I am equally afraid of the neocon nut cases who surround him, they think we can run around the world and kill people just for the hell of it. I think the problems with neoconsm is that they are all guys with small dicks and they need to prove themselves since they are so lacking in size.

Vote for Kerry --he may not be the best public speaker but he and Edwards got to be better than Bush and Inc. This war in iraq is a big business war, war for profit and our kids are getting killed so some of these rich guys can get richer.....I'm jumping off the soap box now.

Habanero

Cyburbian
And Cheney might be facing criminal charges for crimes commited during his stint as CEO of Hallburtion and happened to have a hard in them getting the contract in Iraq....

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
On the lighter side of outrage ..

Oh man ... now I'm really foaming at the mouth! Gotta' play this.

As always, the Onion is dead on.

Nations Liberals Suffer From Outrage Fatigue

WASHINGTON, DC—According to a study released Monday by the Hammond Political Research Group, many of the nation's liberals are suffering from a vastly diminished sense of outrage.

"With so many right-wing shams to choose from, it's simply too daunting for the average, left-leaning citizen to maintain a sense of anger," said Rachel Neas, the study's director. "By our estimation, roughly 70 percent of liberals are experiencing some degree of lethargy resulting from a glut of civil-liberties abuses, education funding cuts, and exorbitant military expenditures."

[snip]

"I can't even look at the back of my Volvo anymore," said one Syracuse, NY liberal who wished to remain anonymous. "My 'Lick Bush' and 'Four More Wars' bumper stickers just remind me of the angry feelings I can't sustain. I still have a MoveOn.org sign hanging up in my cubicle at work, but if someone starts to talk about Cheney, I can't take it. I'm like, 'Yes, we all hate Cheney. He's an evil puppet-master. Yes, Bush is dumb. This is obvious. How many times can we say it? Now, excuse me, will you let me through so I can microwave my burrito?'"

I don't "hate" Bush. I think hate is a terrible way to choose or not choose elected reps. I think the Republicans have developed, fostered, and nurtured the politics of hate and fear, and have led to this "vote for the person you don't hate" electoral culture we now have.

That being said, I think Bush has committed impeachable offenses and should be impeached using the impartial (not motivated by hate) Constitutional process. I suspect several of his cabinet could be charged under U.S. or international law and should be evaluated using the impartial standards of law (also not motivated by hate).

The One

Cyburbian
If you read just one book on politics

Robert Reich's book REASON :-D :

The first 50 pages (read last night) provides a nice history of the RADCON's and how we've gotten to this point.

This guy is a great speaker and provides the most level headed analysis I've ever heard on the liberal/RADCON/True Conservative issues....... Also provides 3 minute blurbs on NPR on topical issues every week (with clarity and reasoned common sense beyond any I've ever heard in my life!!!!) These are why I got his book..... Don't just dismiss him as a liberal and discount him as part of the Clintonistas (He outlines the RADCON agenda perfectly)....

Dan said:
We lib'ruls tended to stay clear of bashing Laura Bush and the Bushettes.
You mean the twins, Jen and Tonic? ;)

Sorry, could'nt resist.

BTW, Dan and Cardinal, are the former GOPers in your families actually old "Reagan Democrats" from the '80s? I'm guessing that voters like them are the ones who will make things close in November.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
pete-rock said:
BTW, Dan and Cardinal, are the former GOPers in your families actually old "Reagan Democrats" from the '80s?
Actually, they're more like wonky, old-school Rockefeller Republicans. Republicans in New York tend to be quite different than your stereotypical guns n' Bibles rightie. Think Juliani, Eisenhower, and maybe William F. Buckley.

Slightly OT: good lord ...

Duke Of Dystopia said:
If Bush IS Lord is accurate, the people in the Abrahmic Religions are SCREWED! :-D
Uh, yeah. I guess a lot of guys already figure bush is lord but, um, that has nothing to do with the president. :-D