• Back at the office or school? Still working from home? Need to vent, or just connect with other planner and built environment types? Come join us!

Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing or masks required.

RTDNTOTO 🐻 Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread Of Their Own 10 (2015)

Annual Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread Of Their Own threads
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
I burned 4 hours of incentive leave and took this afternoon off. I think the phone rang once in the office this morning.

Mr. RJ's hair salon was reopened this afternoon.

Sending positive thoughts your way lp.

Otis

Cyburbian
Lp, my friend, I am so sorry to hear of all that is coming down on you. I'm sending good, warm thoughts your way. :g:

Richmond Jake

With one exception, all the numbers of Cyburbians stored on my cell phone are listed under their Cyburbian names. Hell, I wouldn't know who they are under any other listing. (The exception is ZG and she's the ICE number.)

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
You know there's about 20 pages of random posts at the end of last year's RTDNTOTO I haven't even read and probably never will. I hope y'all weren't breaking too many rules.

DVD

Cyburbian
Someone point me to the original Emma flame out. Begat might be fun to read

ursus

Cyburbian, raised by Cyburbians
Working on Friday at the beginning of the year after 1.5 days off during a week when many don't work at all really, really sucks. Sucks!

kms

Cyburbian
I'm working on a project and could use a piece of flexible plastic that's yea big.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
With one exception, all the numbers of Cyburbians stored on my cell phone are listed under their Cyburbian names. Hell, I wouldn't know who they are under any other listing. (The exception is ZG and she's the ICE number.)

I am pretty sure you don't have my phone. ;) :D just think of all the drunk dialing I have missed. :lmao:

Richmond Jake

ZG has finished taking down all the Christmas decorations and they are boxed. It means one thing: I have to climb the tall ladder tomorrow and place them on the tall shelf in the garage.

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
You know there's about 20 pages of random posts at the end of last year's RTDNTOTO I haven't even read and probably never will. I hope y'all weren't breaking too many rules.

How dare you! I say, how dare you.... :D

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff member
hey thank folks

just went and paid my moms axes and did her banking and popped in to say hello to the local planner here

Big Owl

Cyburbian
I just went to check out an complaint about a firewood processing operation. When i drove by the guy was out cutting up firewood. Ordinary, I stop but in this case I decided that seeing that I finished 2014 in one piece I would like to finish 2015 in one piece as well. That's a close as I get to a new resolution my friends.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
ZG has finished taking down all the Christmas decorations and they are boxed. It means one thing: I have to climb the tall ladder tomorrow and place them on the tall shelf in the garage.

It means you go up and down the ladder twice a year (10 min x 2, if that) and I spent HOURS decorating and un-decorating, you ungrateful California, non-SEC person, you. So there.

I want to do the whole Chevy Chase Christmas Vacation Frank Shirley Jelly of the Month Club rant, only about this little dickwad, god-forsaken, piss-wad little town we live in. Holy Shit, where's the Tylenol?

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
I want to do the whole Chevy Chase Christmas Vacation Frank Shirley Jelly of the Month Club rant, only about this little dickwad, god-forsaken, piss-wad little town we live in. Holy Shit, where's the Tylenol?

In case anybody forgot that, here it is from imdb.com

Hey! If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight.
I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit he is! Hallelujah! Holy shit!
Where's the Tylenol?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097958/quotes
or the movie clip from youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQXuazYI_YU

so AIB ZG how would you rewrite that about The Town Next Door TM ?

Vancity

Cyburbian
You'll all be pleased to hear that I was in 'Murica for the first day of 2015.
Snow's been bad up here this year and Washington has more so I went down to Mount Baker for some snowboarding and 8-! is it ever beautiful there. I was blown away!

Richmond Jake

Jackpot!!! I bought some dungeness crab at Publix this morning. Surf and turf for dinner tomorrow. :D

kms

Cyburbian
I got dressed up and took myself to an early dinner before I have to take my daughter to the airport.

I'm sad that she's leaving.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
I have given my brother the Wally World Moose Mugs as Christmas presents. My SIL said enough, they don't need the punch bowl. ;) :D
http://www.christmasvacationcollectibles.com/products/moose-mugs/christmas-vacation-glass-moose-mug

Since we have posted about squirrels -

christmas vacation squirrel.jpg

here is a very disturbing coffee mug -
http://static.neatoshop.com/images/product/42/5742/Squirrel-Attack-Mug_27230-l.jpg?v=27230

Last edited:

hilldweller

Cyburbian
Remember the jetted tub/jacuzzi craze of the early 90s? I have two in my house and am disgusted by the thought of actually bathing in them.:-|

Richmond Jake

Big shake-up in management at my jurisdiction. This week's Board meeting will be interesting. I predict the exit of my mentor.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Ohio State and Oregon will be meeting in the first-ever College Football Play-off's championship game on January, 12.
Everybody knows that.
But did you know this isn't the first time these two teams broke such new ground together?

In 1939, the first-ever final of the NCAA Basketball Tournament was played between Ohio State and Oregon.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum...ate-v-oregon-in-first-ever-championship-again
http://pac-12.com/article/2015/01/0...fter-deciding-1939-ncaa-mens-basketball-title
http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-ba...all-playoff-championship-game-ncaa-tournament

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Remember the jetted tub/jacuzzi craze of the early 90s? I have two in my house and am disgusted by the thought of actually bathing in them.:-|

We have had 2 hot tubs die over the years (second one last winter); they seem to be "disposable", it costs more to haul them into the shop than they are worth. We do have a jacuzzi in the master bath that uses up all the hot water in the house, haven't used it in a couple years. Guess I'll vacuum all the towel lint out of it for use this year instead of a hot tub.

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
You'll all be pleased to hear that I was in 'Murica for the first day of 2015.
Snow's been bad up here this year and Washington has more so I went down to Mount Baker for some snowboarding and 8-! is it ever beautiful there. I was blown away!

I've skied there. It's awesome.

Planit

Cyburbian

There's one in The Girl's bathroom. The hot water heater is not large enough to fill it up to a useable level.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Having a difficult time getting back into work following vacation (which ended a week ago).

beach_bum

Cyburbian
Dropping the new job bomb at staff meeting this morning...my boss already knows, so everyone else is going to find out today.

Big Owl

Cyburbian
Dropping the new job bomb at staff meeting this morning...my boss already knows, so everyone else is going to find out today.

Don't tell them let them find out on your out of the office response via email. Do you have a last will and testament for the office supplies you are leaving behind?

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Saw the third installment of "Night at the Museum" with Junior this weekend. It was on a par with the second Night at the Museum. Neither was as good as the first. It was also very obvious they were setting up for another sequel with Rebel Wilson at the helm.

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
Saw the third installment of "Night at the Museum" with Junior this weekend. It was on a par with the second Night at the Museum. Neither was as good as the first. It was also very obvious they were setting up for another sequel with Rebel Wilson at the helm.

I am not a fan of Rebel Wilson. Sorry.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
I am not a fan of Rebel Wilson. Sorry.

She was apparently popular enough to have her own (short-lived) tv show - which I never saw. And was reportedly a scene stealer in that Bridesmaids movie too - which I also never saw.

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
She was apparently popular enough to have her own (short-lived) tv show - which I never saw. And was reportedly a scene stealer in that Bridesmaids movie too - which I also never saw.

The TV show was horrible. Which says a bit about her talent level.... I liked the singing movie with her in it. But not because of her.

I guess I am just more like meh, than "let's make a movie around this talent!".

DVD

Cyburbian
Good news. Having a paycheck always helps. Hopeful the new Commissioners will have more sense.

Good news? But a paycheck is important. As others have said it's always better job hunting while employed,

Not back at work yet. Some legal technicality or something. The attorney is being a little overly cautious which is good. I expect it'll all be cleared up in a couple days, but for now I'll hang out on Cyburbia.

Have fun with it. Make people guess what your big announcment is or just be coy about it.

Don't tell them let them find out on your out of the office response via email. Do you have a last will and testament for the office supplies you are leaving behind?

I have to update mine. The planner before the one I replaced left one to explain all the personalities around the office and comunity. It's helpful, but it needs an updating. Especially in light of recent events.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
The TV show was horrible. Which says a bit about her talent level.... I liked the singing movie with her in it. But not because of her.

I guess I am just more like meh, than "let's make a movie around this talent!".

For me the most memorable moments of the movie came near the end where Robin Williams' Teddy Roosevelt character said good bye. If I'm not mistaken this movie was his last film.

AG74683

Cyburbian
Busy morning here, first in like a month. Around the holidays everything shuts down here. I have to go back home Tuesday night, not looking forward to the drive, but the reason for driving back could be life changing (in a good way 8-!).

beach_bum

Cyburbian

That's a great idea, I mean about the last will and testament ;)

I have alot of stuff in my office, none of my plants will be making the trip, I'll be leaving them here.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Busy morning here, first in like a month. Around the holidays everything shuts down here. I have to go back home Tuesday night, not looking forward to the drive, but the reason for driving back could be life changing (in a good way 8-!).
Hopefully...Congrats!?

Status
Not open for further replies.