• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

RTDNTOTO 🐻 Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread of Their Own 14 (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
My parents always had fondue on NYE. In an orange enamel pot.
We had an orange pot too!

We had fondue for Christmas Eve dinner this year. It was yummy however we didn't do chocolate fondue as the dessert. Shocked, I was!

DVD

Cyburbian
my wife's fondue pot is handed down from her father. I believe it's Le Crueset

DVD

Cyburbian
the 70s were a good time, but they picked crap colors like orange and olive

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Well we beat our 2014 count of 9,291; up next is 2012 - 9,327 posts.

DVD

Cyburbian
my family was more of an olive family and my wifes more orange. no one did the harvest gold

DVD

Cyburbian
my daughter thinks Lil Peep dying is the celeb musician death of her generation. My wife's answer was he's no Lenon.

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
I'm not saying he's a saint but we got a house from his homeland for several days about 1/2 mile away in June. Relatives still nearby.
We only spent 2 days in Ireland around Dublin. I would like to go back and explore more.

But Croatia first!

DVD

Cyburbian
my wife made the CNN bottom scroll wishing Anderson and Andy a happy new year

DVD

Cyburbian
i might have to figure out a new avatar for the new year. I'm tired of king wombat

kms

Cyburbian
We never had a fondue pot. I have a punch bowl from the 1970’s. The picture on the front of the recipe book makes you think you’ll be as hep and happy as the party people on the cover.

kms

Cyburbian
Orson Bean is a guest on this Tonight Show rerun. I always liked him because he reminded me of my uncle.

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
We never had a fondue pot. I have a punch bowl from the 1970’s. The picture on the front of the recipe book makes you think you’ll be as hep and happy as the party people on the cover.
Someone mentioned sherbet punch the other day. 7up and rainbow sherbet. Takes me right back to elementary school.

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
Orson Bean is a guest on this Tonight Show rerun. I always liked him because he reminded me of my uncle.
Never heard of him, that I am aware of. I even looked up his picture and still doesn't ring a bell. Now Mr. Bean, otoh...

tenor.gif

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
I’ll still make up a foamy sherbet punch for certain family parties.
I might have to do that for Itty Bitty. Might blow her mind. She has only had a few sips of Sprite and doesn't care for it. But add in some sherbet...

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Well we beat our 2012 count - 9,327 posts.

Up next is our 2015 count of 9,570 posts.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Wasn't sherbet punch a typical drink at non alcohol parties ?

So much more sugar than alcohol.

kms

Cyburbian
My dad always made Coca Cola and root beer floats for us. We loved them. My kids, not so much.

DVD

Cyburbian
it looks like we lost all those east coasters. it's just us trying to beat the 2015 score

kms

Cyburbian
Virgil’s root beer is my favorite, but I don’t think I’d make a float with it. It kind of an herby flavor.

Dang butterscotch root beer is my second favorite.

kms

Cyburbian
I don’t really care for Gatorade. I’ll buy those little single serve electrolyte flavored drink packets for my water bottles. Mixed berry is my favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.