• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

RTDNTOTO 🐻 Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread of Their Own 15 (2020)

MD Planner

Cyburbian
You back from vacation? How was it? Do tell all!!

Have any pics of Maine you're at liberty to post?
Yes, I had a fabulous trip to Maine. As she said last week LP and I had a really nice lunch. I had a flight of beers, she had something more appropriate as she was returning to work. I'm not much of a photographer but below are a few:

View.jpg
This was the view from the living room where I stayed on Somes Sound.

Rungs.jpg
These are some of the rungs I encountered while climbing The Beehive. I did that hike when I was 25 and am happy to report I was able to do it again 25 years later :)

Beehive.jpg
The view from the top of The Beehive looking at Sand Beach

Breakfast.jpg
Breakfast the morning I left town. I shall return.

Big Owl

Cyburbian
Yes, the grocery bill seems much higher than last year.
My grocery bill is about $150-200 less per month. I account that to shopping just once a week vs 3+ times aweek and I have been going by myself. Over all covid has been good for my budget.

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
Yes, the grocery bill seems much higher than last year.
My grocery bill is about $150-200 less per month. I account that to shopping just once a week vs 3+ times aweek and I have been going by myself. Over all covid has been good for my budget.
Looking through the receipts, we're actually spending less each month on groceries but we go so seldomly that I just end up buying so much more when I do go.

I will add that prices on meat, seafood, and poultry seem to have come down quite a bit compared to where they were back in May or June.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
So the newest thing (well new to me at any rate) is me getting texts from numbers I don't know asking me who I'm voting for. I get like five of these a day now. I identify each of them as spam and block but they just keep on coming from different numbers.

Stop. Stop it, already.

Bubba

Cyburbian
So the newest thing (well new to me at any rate) is me getting texts from numbers I don't know asking me who I'm voting for. I get like five of these a day now. I identify each of them as spam and block but they just keep on coming from different numbers.

Stop. Stop it, already.
Hey, Maister - who are you voting for?

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff member

Stop. Stop it, already.
also did you register to vote???????

wtf stop

Doohickie

Cyburbian

Stop. Stop it, already.
Random exchange between me and a MoveOn volunteer: