RTDNTOTO 🐻 Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread of Their Own 16 (2021)

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff member
speaking of dreams, I dreamt all last night about invasions and take overs from Russia - it was so weird and then woke up to a twitter feed filled with history discussions on whether Russia defeated fascism and not us in WWII

very strange

now I have a huge headache from that, plus my head is a barometer and there's a low pressure system and I have allergies

#getoffmylawn

#okboomer

Planit

Cyburbian
I was going to reserve a rental car for our trip in August. I knew prices were up & it looks like about a $200 bump per week on the prices. However, now there's an additional option which the difference is another $100 to $150 between the 'pay now' or 'pay later' selection. Ouch.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
A great Steven Wright joke I remember:
Two boys are born on the same day in the same hospital ward. 80 years later the same two guys are coincidentally in the same hospital on their death beds next to each other. One guy turns to the other and says "So, what'd you think?"

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
A great Steven Wright joke I remember:
Two boys are born on the same day in the same hospital ward. 80 years later the same two guys are coincidentally in the same hospital on their death beds next to each other. One guy turns to the other and says "So, what'd you think?"

That joke is 100% better when I read it in my head but imagined Steven Wright's voice delivering it.

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
Sunday morning I had to go inside the gas station for the first time in probably 3 years because I needed a receipt and the pump was out of paper. I discovered the station near our house has a cooler where you take a cup of ice cream and put it in a machine and it turns it into a milkshake! I can't get it out of my head. I am really looking forward to a hot day so I can give this new-fangled device a try.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Another memorable Steven Wright joke: "I accidently stuck my car key into my house's front door lock. It started right up. So I decided to take it for a spin around the block. A cop pulled me over and asked me where I lived. I said 'here'.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Sunday morning I had to go inside the gas station for the first time in probably 3 years because I needed a receipt and the pump was out of paper. I discovered the station near our house has a cooler where you take a cup of ice cream and put it in a machine and it turns it into a milkshake! I can't get it out of my head. I am really looking forward to a hot day so I can give this new-fangled device a try.

kms

Cyburbian
Sheetz. I didn't have time for dinner one night last week and was famished at 9:00. I needed gasoline and figured I might as well see what Sheetz sells. I bought a couple of sliders, and those were probably the best burgers I ever tasted. I was impressed.

MD Planner

Cyburbian
Sheetz. I didn't have time for dinner one night last week and was famished at 9:00. I needed gasoline and figured I might as well see what Sheetz sells. I bought a couple of sliders, and those were probably the best burgers I ever tasted. I was impressed.

I miss Sheetz. The gas station/convenience stores here don't even come close. They've had those milkshake machines for years. I hate Subway with a passion but a Sheetz sub makes me happy.

Reactions: kms

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian

No Sheetz or Wawa here in Michigan and from what I've heard, we're really missing out.

Bubba

Cyburbian
Terrible name for a business.

84964-clay-davis-sheeit-meme-demotiv-ejwx.jpeg

JNA

Cyburbian Plus

Veloise

Cyburbian

Two college students had to be rescued when their boat made of plastic buckets and kiddie pools drifted out to sea​

210510144900-makeshift-boat-rescue-california-exlarge-169.jpg
Alcohol was not a factor, the fire department said.
"Still curious as to why they decided to do this at 2 o'clock in the morning..."

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Canadian 5 cent (face value and still legal tender) coins from 1922-1981 are pure Nickel and therefore theoretically worth 8 cents each due to the market value of Nickel at this moment (Nickel at $8.0993/lb)

Reactions: Dan

MD Planner

Cyburbian
I just experienced a first. I had to sign a check for one of our officers so he/she can pay an informant to make illegal drug purchases. Somehow I feel dirty.

Big Owl

Cyburbian
I just experienced a first. I had to sign a check for one of our officers so he/she can pay an informant to make illegal drug purchases. Somehow I feel dirty.
Our police department asked me once to hang out a bar that allegedly was an illegal strip club. I was offered $100 plus expenses. I declined because I felt like they would recognize me because I issued the permit.

Planit

Cyburbian
Our police department asked me once to hang out a bar that allegedly was an illegal strip club. I was offered $100 plus expenses. I declined because I felt like they would recognize me because I issued the permit.

I had to go to a local dirt track to see if a guy was racing with sponsorships (something our attorney decided separated it from amateur to professional). I had to take a picture and buy a program. No one offered me $100 though.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
The stiches in my back are either itchy or my shirt is rubbing on them.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
I had one of my favorite lunches -

Chicken Salad,
Roasted Brussel Sprouts w/ Bacon & Onion;
Diced fruit salad - pineapple, cantaloupe, honeydew melon, grapes.
Slice of dessert bread - banana
cup of Decaf coffee.

MD Planner

Cyburbian
I'm finalizing my construction loan and boy have things changed in the last few months. It used to be you needed to be able to show 1% reserves of the cost to build which was not that big of a deal. And you need to show reserves to cover at least 6 months of payments. Ok, that's not easy but can be done. But now due to the crazy costs of materials you now need to be able to show 10% of the cost to build. Not necessarily liquid but it can't be in a retirement account either. Going to have to get creative.

DVD

Cyburbian
So how have the strip clubs been socially distancing and are they wearing masks?

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
I have 141 rules in Outlook. I think that means I get too much junk mail.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
I have a love/hate relationship with Sheetz. I have found that they are either wonderful, clean, and friendly, or they are horrific, dirty, and lack any sense of customer service. It all depends on the manager. The local location meets the second description.