RTDNTOTO 🐻 Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread of Their Own 16 (2021)

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
Today is hot dog day here

I may have posted this before so sorry if this is a repeat story - when I first started working here, I saw in the office kitchen one of those hot dog machines you see at festivals and the like. I assumed it was stored (accidentally perhaps) there from Parks & Rec or something and thought nothing of it until one random day it was hot dog day and the 4 departments on the second floor - legal, HR, Planning/Development and Engineering all go in on a hot dog lunch with soda, hot dogs, fixins (someone is bringing celery salt today and told me I must have it so going to try it) and cookies (I got those today from a local bakery) - so it's actually a thing that we happen to own which i think is hilarious

so yeah, it's hot dog day

Reminds me of Pretzel Day:

Full disclosure: I'd love if our office did a Hot Dog Day. We did have a boss who used to pay to have an ice cream truck come to the office a couple times each summer. I made sure to get his money's worth on those days!

TOFB

Cyburbian
crap! Just found out I have to make dinner tonight - breaded pork cutlets - and kjel is nowhere to be found to tell me how to do it. Oh well, I'm pretty sure you just dredge them in flour and panko and then put them in a skillet filled with oil. How hard can it be?
George Foreman grill does a great job with breaded pork cutlets - - and not very greasy.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
I have a Foreman grill. I could see how that might work with less grease.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
One of the things I miss the most from my college years in IN:

in-pork.jpg

I've made a few at home...flour, dip in egg wash, italian breadcrumbs, pan fry in oil...which results in:

153465073_10222180075384330_7467912030690442316_n.jpg

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maister - I think the key is to pound the crap out of the pork, make sure it's dry before putting it in flour (season the flour) and get that cast iron pan hot with oil

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Maister - I think the key is to pound the crap out of the pork, make sure it's dry before putting it in flour (season the flour) and get that cast iron pan hot with oil
That is precisely what I did last night. They came out great. I made a mushroom/heavy whipping cream sauce to ladle on top. For the breading I used a combo of Kentucky Colonel seasoned flour and panko mixture.

1621004602738.png
1621004629766.png

Hawkeye66

Cyburbian
I admit it. I troll on other sites for kicks.

I also do not like artichoke dip of any kind. Just can't get into it. Tried Jalapeno-Artichoke cream cheese dip. Didn't like it.

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
I admit it. I troll on other sites for kicks.

I also do not like artichoke dip of any kind. Just can't get into it. Tried Jalapeno-Artichoke cream cheese dip. Didn't like it.
Blasphemy. Spinach and artichoke dip with lots of cheddar and cream cheese is a nice mix up from say Buffalo Chicken Dip. ;)

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff member
Today is hot dog day here

I may have posted this before so sorry if this is a repeat story - when I first started working here, I saw in the office kitchen one of those hot dog machines you see at festivals and the like. I assumed it was stored (accidentally perhaps) there from Parks & Rec or something and thought nothing of it until one random day it was hot dog day and the 4 departments on the second floor - legal, HR, Planning/Development and Engineering all go in on a hot dog lunch with soda, hot dogs, fixins (someone is bringing celery salt today and told me I must have it so going to try it) and cookies (I got those today from a local bakery) - so it's actually a thing that we happen to own which i think is hilarious

so yeah, it's hot dog day
hot dogs 2.jpg

DVD

Cyburbian
Based on the permits I'm doing lately I will stop requiring garages for new homes. Everyone is converting them to extra living space anyway.

Planit

Cyburbian
Well, I don't know, but I've been told
You never slow down, you never grow old
I'm tired of screwin' up, tired of going down
Tired of myself, tired of this town

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Well, I don't know, but I've been told
You never slow down, you never grow old
I'm tired of screwin' up, tired of going down
Tired of myself, tired of this town
Oh my my Oh hell yes
Honey put on that party dress

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
On a related note(?): I could smell some very strong mary jane wafting from the lawn crew a few houses down when I went for a lunchtime run today. It made me feel old.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
It looks like several governors have lifted many if not most of the COVID restrictions. Here in NC, it was a significant shift.

Doohickie

Cyburbian
Based on the permits I'm doing lately I will stop requiring garages for new homes. Everyone is converting them to extra living space anyway.
I hate that. To me, to convert a garage to living space kind of spoils a house. There's a lot of that in our neighborhood.

Doohickie

Cyburbian
I had to get a new phone yesterday. Apparently slamming a phone in the car door such that the seat track or adjust knob gets driven into the screen is not conducive to phone health.
1621130150745.png

1621130303885.png

1621130341775.png

michaelskis

Cyburbian
So my oldest made me feel older today. He asked if he could get his own TikTok profile. I said no, and that I didn’t have the app or the profile. He responded with “I know, people with grey hair don’t even know what TikTok is.”

The little shit is lucky that I didn’t lock his phone down like Fort Knox.

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
Fat cat came to play
Now you can't run fast enough
You'd best stay away
When the pushers come to shove

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Sneakers in a front loading washing machine. Good or bad?

TOFB

Cyburbian
I hate the term "Rock Star" to describe a high-performing employee.

The stereotypical rock star invokes an image of a drug and alcohol-fueled, egomaniac, sex addict a$$hole.

Hawkeye66

Cyburbian
So at my new house, my kids when staying there have said they hear things in the walls, and one night when I was up there with them I did indeed hear something, albeit faint. I have not seen any mice or rodents in the house. Then two of my kids where at my place Saturday night and the picky one finds a bug in his room that appears to be a bedbug. I tore the bed apart and washed the sheets, etc. right away. I did not see signs of them around the mattress. I have not seen any signs of them anywhere else in the house. I dont really want to bomb my place with poison. My 3rd kid takes after his mother and is all about modern comfort so he has not been too keen on the place anyway. I have one of those sonic things I am putting in the crawlspace today/tonight up there. Not sure what else I can do at this point. It does not help that I have a level 9 nuisance property next to me that is infested with birds, mice and likely racoons, possum, possibly skunk

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Have you ever had a situation where everything is going awesome and then something very little feels like a punch in the gut. Especially given that it is so insignificant, it should have zero impact.

Yea... that's today.

• Sad
Reactions: kms