• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.
  • On Thursday night (2/21), I did something I probably shouldn't have with the server. I lost about 90 posts and three new users in the process. If you registered on Thursday, please re-register. If you posted on Thursday, maybe post twice as much on Friday? Again, I apologize. :(

Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread of Their Own 2019

DVD

Cyburbian
Ursus my main monkey! Good to see you again. Stick around and fling some of the monkey fun of yours around.

DVD

Cyburbian
Nobody likes you post. If you're going to do a post do a classic like the Kansas limestone corner post.

1550010087327.png

Reactions: JNA

ursus

Cyburbian, raised by Cyburbians
Ursus my main monkey! Good to see you again. Stick around and fling some of the monkey fun of yours around.
I'm so happy to see folks on here that I haven't seen in awhile. :hug: You can't escape! :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Wouldn't even try. :) I am voting for the egg. @BigOwl, I love ya, but I already liked the egg. I'm sort of attracted to it and scared of it all at the same time - like a spacecraft. An oedipal spacecraft calling to me. I gotta stop listening to that alien abduction podcast...

Reactions: Dan

Gedunker

Moderating
Brenda was much too lazy and Eddie could never afford to live that kind of life.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
As for the old 'which came first' debate. It's solved and obvious. The egg came first.

Due to evolution, the genetic 'mutation' that generated the first chicken of the species we know today had to start with an egg.

It's science.

Also:

Last edited:

Maister

Chairman of the bored
I resisted spending money on a snow blower for years. This year I threw in the towel and reluctantly agreed to get one - mostly so I would stop hearing "I'm just afraid we're going to find you laying in the driveway dead after having a heart attack..." :rolleyes:. Anywho, I bought a fairly powerful blower that's capable of dealing with a foot and a half of snow when needed. Junior has treated the snow blower like it is some kind of toy and I caught him on several occasions using it when there was only a couple inches of powder. I repeatedly told him "use the shovel when there's just a few inches so that you'll have enough gas in the snow blower to deal with the driveway when you really need it."

I just got a call from Junior (who has a snow day today) 'Um, dad, you have to get more gas for the snow blower because we're out."
"Um, Junior, no. The snow shovel is in the garage next to the rakes.":yell:

michaelskis

Cyburbian
You know that feeling that you get after you look at some linked-in connections and you think that your former Supervisor's Supervisor's Supervisor might be a Cyburbian and you didn't realize it until today....

yea...

That is a bit how I feel right now.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
You know that feeling that you get after you look at some linked-in connections and you think that your former Supervisor's Supervisor's Supervisor might be a Cyburbian and you didn't realize it until today.....
But have they logged in lately? That's the question you should be asking.

arcplans

As Featured in "High Times"
Is it wrong for me to notice when our admin assistant straightens her hair or when she wears it down and curly? I know everyone has a background and past but i am always shocked when an attractive person is single. Granted i believe she is in her mid 40's and her last child is in HS but you would think she would be batting men with a stick.

DVD

Cyburbian
1550080427055.png

So this just in. We saw our mayor, classy lady. Picture older lady in purple pants suit. So she stepped out side, took a few drags off a stogie, rubbed it on one of the decorative sidewalk bollards, tucked it in her ear and went back inside. We're all class here.

AG74683

Cyburbian
I would think that our copier should be able to both scan documents to email AND make a copy at the same time. It doesn't appear to be capable of this.

Hink

OH....IO
I would think that our copier should be able to both scan documents to email AND make a copy at the same time. It doesn't appear to be capable of this.
Yes, I love technology. But not as much as you, you see. But I still love technology.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Is it wrong for me to notice when our admin assistant straightens her hair or when she wears it down and curly? I know everyone has a background and past but i am always shocked when an attractive person is single. Granted i believe she is in her mid 40's and her last child is in HS but you would think she would be batting men with a stick.
If you're asking the question, I'd say don't do it.

Women can say it to men. Women can say it to women. Men should probably just avoid it. Men don't say it to men...unless it's to make fun of the other man.

arcplans

If you're asking the question, I'd say don't do it.

Women can say it to men. Women can say it to women. Men should probably just avoid it. Men don't say it to men...unless it's to make fun of the other man.
Oh I am not asking any question.. trust me, in this current climate, it's a question best said in the head or discussed with people outside of my organization.

Planit

Cyburbian
The 23rd person came in demanding why we allowed a manufactured home to be put in there neighborhood. I repeated the same answer - It's not a manufactured home, its a modular home and those are allowed anywhere a site built home is built by state law.

Whining ensued......

AG74683

Cyburbian
The 23rd person came in demanding why we allowed a manufactured home to be put in there neighborhood. I repeated the same answer - It's not a manufactured home, its a modular home and those are allowed anywhere a site built home is built by state law.

Whining ensued......
I had one the other day wondering why they couldn't replace their legal non-conforming singlewide with another. "It's not zoned for that any longer". "Why?! THATS NAWT RIGGGHT!". Honestly I don't know, it's like right by our landfill and there's nothing out there. So I told them that. They were mad and asked who they could talk to about why it ended up that way. I told them to maybe contact some Commissioners from 1999.

arcplans

Whining ensued......
Its like the damn tiny home question. Do you allow them? Yes, but they need to be on a permanent foundation and all difs need to be paid.

Aren't the impact fees lower because its a tiny home? No. A sewer connection, water connection and traffic impact are all the same regardless of whether you got a 2.5K house or some shit shack at 200 sf.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
Every time when you start a new job, there's always that first phone call about something that went out with your predecessor's name on it, all events have since passed, and now they want to complain.

My call was today. They were upset that the form they received in September of last year has not been updated with current staff/contact info. They were upset that they were not able to voice their concerns on this topic to the "people in charge". They were upset that I told them the meeting occurred last year (October) with a follow-up meeting (December) and that the members of those committees listened to comments and concerns at those two meetings before making a decision. They were upset that the decision made about the issue is not the decision they would have made. And they are upset that they did not receive an update from the original form.

We updated our website with the information about both meetings. We updated the website with the comment period. We updated the website with the decision. So tell me, how do you know about the decision? Well, I saw something on the Internet.

What was interesting about this, is that the caller works for a city in our region. They should know better.

kms

Cyburbian
I had one the other day wondering why they couldn't replace their legal non-conforming singlewide with another. "It's not zoned for that any longer". "Why?! THATS NAWT RIGGGHT!". Honestly I don't know, it's like right by our landfill and there's nothing out there. So I told them that. They were mad and asked who they could talk to about why it ended up that way. I told them to maybe contact some Commissioners from 1999.
Good answer! This makes me laugh.

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian

Whining ensued......
If there has been one constant throughout my career, it has been the manufactured home issue. As for modulars, true mods are built to 1 and 2 family residential standards.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Who else besides me is involved in their fair coummunities Census BAS & PSAP work ?