• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.
  • On Thursday night, I did something I probably shouldn't have with the server. I lost about 90 posts and three new users in the process. If you're a new user, please re-register. If you posted yesterday, post twice as much on Friday. Again, I apologize. :(

Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread of Their Own 2019

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
Can somebody locate the watches thread? I can't seem to find it.
https://www.cyburbia.org/forums/threads/the-neverending-friday-wrist-check.49981/

Anyone else have Monday off? I'm going to be home alone, so trying to decide how best to spend my day...

Being lazy, or being productive?
I've got Monday off. My daughter is on Winter Break for the entire week next week. We hate that they have a week off this early in the year.

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
Anyone else have Monday off? I'm going to be home alone, so trying to decide how best to spend my day...

I've got it off. To be honest, with the way the week has gone, I haven't gotten that far. Between changes in my personal life, work and church, I've only given a general look at. You could do both be productive part of the time and be lazy.

Bubba

Cyburbian

I'm off...Monday's activities (or lack thereof) will depend on what I manage to get done Saturday and Sunday (and this afternoon if I decide to RJ out).

Last edited:

AG74683

Cyburbian
If you're in the market for trail mix, and happen to be shopping at a Food Lion, I recommend you stay far away from their Caramel Cashew mix and the Tropical Trail mix. They are disgusting. The Berry Yogurt mix is the bomb though.

We do not have off on Presidents Day. The next paid holiday isn't until Good Friday.

EDIT* So I've griped off and on about this PD in a jurisdiction nearby that keeps getting involved in my stuff and generally causing trouble. That jurisdiction suddenly has the PD position open. Seems like my gut feeling that he was a scumbag had some merit after all!

Last edited:

The Terminator

Cyburbian
My Grandfather is at 79, more technically inclined than I am at almost 28. He has a 2TB+ server where he just keeps archived family photos and videos by decade/year going back to the 1910s (!!! digitized collections passed on from great aunts/uncles and great grandparents) and a treasure trove of music and movies from file-sharing. He occasionally games and understands Social Media better than his Boomer children! He's always been a Techie, had a VCR in 1980, an OG Macintosh in '84, had Internet in '94, bought Playstation 1 and N64 at launch, got a Facebook in '08 and refurbishes laptops for the family. Its pretty chill!

Recently, he helped my Uncle make a YouTube for his early-90s Thrash Band that is getting back together! My grandpa of course was the videographer for all the shows! Check it out!

Richmond Jake

Cyburbian
The Ignore and Block features on the iPhone are great for use on people who you thought were your friends. :finger:

The person who cut my hair yesterday might suffer from vision issues. :extinguish:

ZG has found another relative via ancestory.com. Their grandmothers were sisters. Both are very excited and communiciting extensively this afternoon. :wine:

Throgbing Brain = ZG in having a struggling with her Yahoo email account. Anybody else?

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Throgbing Brain = ZG in having a struggling with her Yahoo email account. Anybody else?
Have her check her spam folder, if it's Cyburbia related email. Sometimes, Yahoo blocks it as spam. I sent in a request to Yahoo, to certify that we're not spammers -- it's just a Web forum,

Planit

Cyburbian
I'm a fan of Reeses Peanut Butter Cups.

Although the standard is my favorite, I enjoy the special editions too like the Christmas Tree, Valentine Heart & the Egg. Of course now they've come out with different renditions including, Big Cup white chocolate, Reeses Pieces inside and such.

Yesterday for the first time I had a Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup. I will tell you it was very good, but it still doesn't beat the original.

Ranking I go with:
Original Cup
Egg / Heart / Tree
White
Big Cup
Dark
Pieces

Salmissra

Cyburbian
I feel stupid.

New job = timesheets. I have to remember that billing codes are not the same as project codes when entering my time.

I messed up the most recent cycle by entering the project code instead of the billing code for something I worked on a lot. My boss was very confused and had to send my timesheet back to me with a simple email about fixing my mistake.

It would help if the numbering system wasn't so similar. But I know why it is - makes it easier to keep track in accounting.

In my previous stint with a timesheet-requiring entity, there were planty of codes to chose from, because they were very specific about what you were working on. For example, the client had a code, then each site of that client had a sub-code, and then each aspect of each site code had a subcode. It was very easy to list what you were working on - and very easy to double-check someone's time. Here, it's a lot more general and harder to keep track of.

AG74683

Cyburbian
I had an optometrist appointment this morning. It's weird wearing my glasses out in public. I almost never wear them outside of my house.

Doohickie

Cyburbian
To the assembled people having a meeting in the aisleway about 4 cubes down from me, GET A ROOM. Or at least use your indoor voice.

AG74683

Cyburbian
For some reason the previous planner here just randomly decided one day that this particular lot had a 20' front setback, not the 30' that it actually has. No idea why, can't find any evidence that points that way.

I really hate wearing glasses for any length of time. I cheaped out on the lenses for these and it makes a big difference.

Last edited:

DVD

Cyburbian
I'm off to the counter in a few minutes. This should be fun after a day off.

AG74683

Cyburbian
Well I am now a pager carrying member of the town's fire department. The pager has gone off twice now. Once for a car accident for Station 5, and another for a call at a house for Station 10. We're Station 1.

Last edited:

DVD

Cyburbian
I was offered a tour of a Wright house, but I'm not sure I want to call the guy. He was a Realtor. Granted he knows I could never afford it, but still. Realtors. :sick:

Big Owl

Cyburbian
I was offered a tour of a Wright house, but I'm not sure I want to call the guy. He was a Realtor. Granted he knows I could never afford it, but still. Realtors. :sick:
Do it but dress up like a wombat hamster* when you go.

party-hamster-costume--mw-117968-1.jpg

*The hamster costume seemed more appropriate.

gtpeach

Cyburbian
I went to a Floodplain/Dam Safety/state granting program training today. Unless there's something in the Hazard Mitigation Plan that I don't manage, none of it is going to be applicable to our locality. Fun way to spend 5 hours!

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
I went to a Floodplain/Dam Safety/state granting program training today. Unless there's something in the Hazard Mitigation Plan that I don't manage, none of it is going to be applicable to our locality. Fun way to spend 5 hours!
One way to look at it is if you are AICP, Does any of the content count toward self reporting CM hours ?

DVD

Cyburbian
I do have a sloth head costume, I just need some furry gloves and a dope chain. Maybe a track suit to really set it off.

Note to my vegan friends. A date covered in chocolate with some peanuts is NOT a Snickers. It's a chocolate covered date which is just fine.

AG74683

Cyburbian
The pager went off twice this morning, neither call amounted to much. I don't get how those guys can get there so fast. The first time it was at like 6 AM and I got there within 5 minutes. I was literally the last to arrive and the truck was already gone. There were 5 guys left at the station too.

The second time I was there within 2 minutes, I work like next to the fire station. There were 3 guys in the truck ready to go. We didn't end up leaving though, the call was a false alarm.

In other news, I got into the NC CZO class so that's good.

gtpeach

Cyburbian
We're having some inclement weather. At first they delayed us until 10. Then they delayed us until noon. Also, temps are hovering right around freezing and it's supposed to rain for the rest of the day. So it sounds like we're going to be super safe leaving work tonight!

ursus

Cyburbian, raised by Cyburbians
Wednesday. I mean, seriously. It just keeps on being all.....Wednesday, ya feel?

Maister

Chairman of the bored
I find that today isn't so much a Wednesday as it is a, you know, Wednesday. If you know what I'm talking about.

gtpeach

Cyburbian
This truck jackknifed right right before the turn-off to get to my house. Our winter advisory started at 2 pm and is lasting until 10 pm. There are car accidents all over the place. Yet our offices opened at noon and we haven't been released to go home yet. And before you say anything, the temps aren't warming up and it's been raining since we got to work, so it's not going to get any better before it's time to leave.

1550696093962.png

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
It's an odd day for us, with having Monday off. All this talk of weekdays reminds of a line from a Moody Blues song-....tuesday afternoon.....

arcplans

As Featured in "High Times"
One of our council members resigned. They cited a "pay to play" over the cannabis industry. Thanks for giving city staff an awesome black cloud

Hink

OH....IO
I am not sure why Wendy's thinks they are capable of making a bbq cheese burger. They are clearly not.