Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread of Their Own 2019

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
What is a "EPR" ?
Unimaginative people would likely respond 'employee performance review' but those who think and live outside the box might respond
'emergency Porsche repair' or maybe one the other following responses:

Everybody poops. Really!
Esoteric people rock
Estonian police report
Endoscopic probe reversal....

Hink

OH....IO
2.6 Post padding / low content posts
Users must not post pad (make a posts with no content, just to increase post count stats). Exception: special occasions, such as threads to celebrate 1000-post milestones by other users, and New Years Eve.
I have to say that I feel proud that on NYE we have allowances to... umm... you know break this thread ;)

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I recently saw a youtube video about 'what happened to the people you've seen in memes'. 'Obsessive girlfriend' was one of them. I was a little disappointed to learn that the (in)famous picture was actually part of a humorous video she'd made with several other people where she was acting that part, and was amused to later learn that people thought she was really like that in life.
Ermahgerd Girl turned out okay.

74770920_Still.jpg

kjel

Super Moderator
We got new phones in the office. Nobody knows how to use them and they have the most awful ring tones.

AG74683

Cyburbian
Why do people insist on communicating over the telephone when an email would be faster, cleaner, and in general result in much better answers to your questions?

"The questions I have will only take 15 minutes". Dude really? Why is that something that cannot be done over email?

Hink

OH....IO
Why do people insist on communicating over the telephone when an email would be faster, cleaner, and in general result in much better answers to your questions?

"The questions I have will only take 15 minutes". Dude really? Why is that something that cannot be done over email?
And email proves it happened. I push for email ALL the time anymore. I want documentation of what I told you.

AG74683

Cyburbian
And email proves it happened. I push for email ALL the time anymore. I want documentation of what I told you.
Exactly. I've printed out emails and pointed out word for word what I said to contradict someone standing in the office countless times.

I have resisted it for a few years but the inevitable is happening: I'm losing my desktop computer and getting a laptop in its place.

My computer is actually only a couple of months old and I managed to avoid getting a laptop in that round of equipment upgrades but it appears the cheap-o desktop computers that the county purchased don't have the graphics capability or RAM to properly handle some of the memory hog software I use frequently. According to our IT liaison, they'll be replacing my computer any day now. :confused:

arcplans

As Featured in "High Times"
We got new phones in the office. Nobody knows how to use them and they have the most awful ring tones.
At my old job we got new phones about 2 months before I left. I requested a ring tone of "rock it like a hurricane". It was subsequently denied.

I don't feel well, am working on a grant application that's due next week (that was incidentally written by too many cooks in the kitchen and I hate it), my mouse and keyboard have been acting up since I moved offices and if I don't continually type, the keyboard misses the first letter, and the battery charger wasn't plugged in so EVERY rechargeable battery is dead.

I may start throwing things today!

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Sweet potatoes are good in fry format.
Agreed.

This is what is so frustrating for me.
But why bother with the personal emotion about it?

I, too, have alot of recent ancestral history with Detroit as does my wife, but how did the City's situation affect you when you in the past or now?

It's intriguing to think about the how's and why's of the fall of Detroit, but it's just a page or paragraph in the grand history of human settlement to this point.

Last edited:

AG74683

Cyburbian
I don't understand why Monster, Indeed and LinkedIn think I am a medical professional and/or an accountant
It believes me to be a plant manager. I guess it's because I had a very brief summer job with my dad. He was CFO at a small automotive supplier. I worked with the QA guy and the plant manager for like less than a year total. Yet somehow it glosses over my 6 year stay here...