• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread of Their Own 2019

Maister

Chairman of the bored
kms said:
My boss wondered aloud why staff meetings take 90 minutes. I told her to use fewer words.
It's so true! I normally just scroll down to the recipe, which is sometimes only shown after a dozen paragraphs of personal reflection.
luckless pedestrian said:
I don't need to hear about the journey of a soccer mom in the suburbs...
The women of Cyburbia totally rock! Totes Rock, I say.:D

DVD

Cyburbian
As I was soul searching and enjoying my breakfast of yogurt and berries I reflected on what our Dear Leader had accomplished by removing posts that undermine the integrity of this great institution. Like Dark Helmet in Spaceballs I always enjoy Mr. Yogurt when I ponder things on Cyburbia. All of these incredibly deep thoughts feel so much better with a nice breakfast to enjoy. When I do eat this breakfast I like to make sure to get the freshest berries and only the best yogurt. To make it a little more adventurous I like to add granola. I can go on endlessly about this and my blog about it will look great with 20 pictures of yogurt and place settings and maybe some desk accessories to show I'm human just like you. That way you make some kind of personal connection and might come back to see more of my recipes and rambling rather than just randomly searching and clicking on whatever recipe comes up on the Google search and never visiting my site again. Now that I've rambled forever, rather than just show you the recipe I'll explain the super complicated way it's made then add some more pictures. Way down on the bottom I might throw in an ingredient list, but I want to make you wait for it so it sounds so much more appealing and not at all annoying. So I take a couple scoops of walmart greek yogurt. Now I need to go into a rant about how I'm saving so much money and the quality is just as good as the other yogurts and I should know because I've tried them all for you. After that I throw in a couple scoops of frozen berries. Here comes another rant so long about how frozen berries are a money saver and last longer than fresh. I have to make the rant long enough that you forget the first step or at least can't easily find it. Last I just pour on some pre packaged granola. Let me close our with another long story about how I love this stuff and you will too.

Yogurt
Berries
Granola
Mix together.

ursus

Cyburbian, raised by Cyburbians
DVD's food blog is just the food blog version of any one of the Lord of the Rings books. I remember saying out loud as I turned a page at some point: "If a dwarf starts singing one more time, I will light this book on fire and not look back...."

I always follow through on promises I make vaguely to the universe. I'm not allowed in the Davis County Library anymore.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Good to see ursus is keeping up with his random game. I was a bit concerned he was becoming predictable.

Oh, and Green Lantern never saw the giraffe next to Johnny Quest while visiting Peru in 1987 with his landlord.

ursus

Cyburbian, raised by Cyburbians
Good to see ursus is keeping up with his random game. I was a bit concerned he was becoming predictable.

Oh, and Green Lantern never saw the giraffe next to Johnny Quest while visiting Peru in 1987 with his landlord.
I was inspired by DVD's random post about yogurt, Spaceballs, and the relative integrity of Cyburbia. It felt good - like reading my own thoughts from 2011.....

You know, I had been toying with the idea of posting unabridged, verbatim entries from the 19-21 year-old ursus living abroad as a missionary in South America as a thread. I remember very little of what I was writing, but I wrote A LOT, and you know me - it's stream of consciousness. I would only post the entries from the day that coincided. Would that be nuts? Bad idea? Cause a need for me to flee the country? It's all possible, but I'm bored with life lately and need something to do....

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
the 19-21 year-old ursus living abroad as a missionary in South America ....
I spent 4 years in Logan, Utah where I saw missionarys in their uniform, returned missionarys & the woman looking at them for the MRS , and those waiting to be called.
Never became a member.

Gedunker

Moderating
Having done my fair share of office moves as a moving man, I can tell you they suck.
Preparing to do an office move, as an office tenant, I can tell you this one will really, really, suck for me, AND the movers.

*Thinking about the nice views of the Ohio River I'll have afterwards. *Thinking about the nice views of the Ohio River I'll have afterwards. *Thinking about the nice views of the Ohio River I'll have afterwards. *Thinking about the nice views of the Ohio River I'll have afterwards. *Thinking about the nice views of the Ohio River I'll have afterwards. *Thinking about the nice views of the Ohio River I'll have afterwards. *Thinking about the nice views of the Ohio River I'll have afterwards. *Thinking about the nice views of the Ohio River I'll have afterwards. *Thinking about the nice views of the Ohio River I'll have afterwards. *Thinking about the nice views of the Ohio River I'll have afterwards. *Thinking about the nice views of the Ohio River I'll have afterwards.

Reactions: Jen

AG74683

Cyburbian
I remember where all houses being constructed in the County are, mostly so I always know where there is a toilet available.

Reactions: kms

Maister

Chairman of the bored
I was inspired by DVD's random post about yogurt, Spaceballs, and the relative integrity of Cyburbia. It felt good - like reading my own thoughts from 2011.....

You know, I had been toying with the idea of posting unabridged, verbatim entries from the 19-21 year-old ursus living abroad as a missionary in South America as a thread. I remember very little of what I was writing, but I wrote A LOT, and you know me - it's stream of consciousness. I would only post the entries from the day that coincided. Would that be nuts? Bad idea? Cause a need for me to flee the country? It's all possible, but I'm bored with life lately and need something to do....
I triple dog dare you. The worst that could happen is people laugh at your expense. But who here would ever consider doing that?

terraplnr

Cyburbian
I made a ginormous meatloaf for dinner last night, 6.4 lb of ground beef plus the other ingredients. I wanted to take a picture to document my gastronomical feat but a giant meatloaf looks gross in photos!

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Please post photos so we can comment and say things like "dang, terraplnr laid a huge meatloaf on that platter":p

DVD

Cyburbian

I say do it as a blog. Name it confessions of a missionary. People will keep reading endlessly looking for that one great confession until they finally realize that they are the ones with something to confess. They love Ursus' writings!

A while back I saw a fun game on a talk show. This was after one of those stellar presidential speeches. Text someone a speech better than the president's speech writer. Start the text with a couple very important sounding words like "Economic Development" or "Nuclear Power". It could be anything, it just has to be a big topic. Then only use the auto fill words of the text message thing to complete the speech.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
I say do it as a blog. Name it confessions of a missionary.
I was attempting to somehow tie in how we'd like read about the positions he held back then.....but no, too contrived, even for me.

Richmond Jake

Cyburbian
We received three odd spam calls today, among the dozens we get on a regular basis. 1) one of our Social Security numbers was stolen, 2) one from a collection agency in Walton County FL, and 3) a call from the security agency with Social Security. Right, we'll call you back immediately. :p:daydream:

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator

Have you seen the Instagram for Peace Corps Barbie - it's hilarious

kjel

Super Moderator
One of the planners stopped by to say goodbye. He was mad he didn't get to be the new PD. He's going to the 'burb next door to JNA's hometown. He's a jerk and won't be missed.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
You know you live in a small-ish city when everybody turns out for the grand opening of a HomeGoods store.

Including us.

AG74683

Cyburbian
Well I passed the first fire class. I thought I had failed and was pretty annoyed because I had no access to study materials (PowerPoint, books, etc.). Turns out I was just fine, and actually scored the highest in the class. I finished up another one this weekend. I know I missed anywhere from 5 to 10 questions, but I guess we can miss up to 15 so hopefully I'm okay.

DVD

Cyburbian
Think I might knock out some work today. Or am I being overly ambitious?

Big Owl

Cyburbian
I am going to be extremely pissed off if I get abducted by aliens on the way home from work today knowing that they could have done it 9 hours earlier and helped me avoid the circus that has been my morning.

Hink

OH....IO
I am going to be extremely pissed off if I get abducted by aliens on the way home from work today knowing that they could have done it 9 hours earlier and helped me avoid the circus that has been my morning.
Can you take that as a sick day?

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
The power has been out for the past hour or so, right in the middle of an email to the PD. I'm using my laptop, and connecting to the Internet through a personal hotspot on my cell phone. I'm debating whether to go home or not.

Big Owl

Cyburbian
Can you take that as a sick day?
For kicks, I asked HR. I was told that one could take it as sick leave provided that the employee's supervisor was notified prior to the start of the work day to be missed and there was probing involved.

Last edited:

Maister

Chairman of the bored
I get the feeling I could make a compilation cassette tape (gotta be a tape, it just wouldn't work using mp3) with the theme/title "Songs I'm Pretty Sure LP Likes" picking a dozen different songs out and get a 95% success rate on likes even though she's never said specifically what songs or groups she likes (except Steely Dan of course).

As for example there is an 87.65% chance she really really likes this song:

DVD

Cyburbian
Documentation of the probing could be required at the discretion of the employee's supervisor. It was advised that vacation time would be the preferred leave taken for an alien abduction and it would be best if you request the time off a minimum of two weeks prior.
Knowing your supervisor documentation would be a must in this case.