• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread of Their Own 2019

AG74683

Cyburbian
Good. We expected nothing less. :cool:
I had 29 of 30 correct. I thought for sure I got them all. Now I guess I'll think about AICP, although I'm not entirely interested in it. The application process looks convoluted and the essay questions don't really apply to me, or anything I've done, so I don't know what to do.

DVD

Cyburbian
Frustrated. Handed over some reimbursement paperwork to my boss. He said he would take care of it. I guess I should have followed up on it.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
Headed to my hair lady tomorrow. I want to change things up a bit, and totally trust her to give me good advice. She is a goddess with color combos, and she hasn't steered me wrong yet.

She came recommended by my hair lady in Georgetown - whom I love love love!

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
If your life is in a rut you need to buy some googly eyes and do some eyebombing. I bought some googly eyes put some magnets on the back. I have had a lot of fun with them. Just in case you need to know what eyebombing is...

View attachment 24296
I've thought about buying a bunch and putting them out on various things when I am out running through town early in the morning. Maybe I'll actually do that this summer...

DVD

Cyburbian
Our office has already been eyebombed. I have eyes on my shelf, my name plate... Everyone's name plate has eyes now and so does one of the copier buttons.

Richmond Jake

Cyburbian
People in our area are renting PODS, Portable On Demand Storage units, for their belongings while their homes are being repaired. Guess what's being burglarized now? The PODS. :cursing: There's a special place in hell for these heartless thieves.

kjel

Super Moderator
Living in northern Maine, I am not sure where the keys are to my house - we usually do a search and destroy mission before we start renting because folks from away freak at the concept of not locking up.

Oddly enough, we lock ourselves in at night but never lock when we leave - most people are like that here.

There are deed restrictions in subdivisions that require lights out after 10 PM to protect the dark sky.

Before I got keyless ignition, I used to leave my keys in the ignition - the only reason I bring my keys into the house is because the batteries wear out faster if you leave them in the car. In winter, people leave the car running when going into the store and if it's summer and you have a dog, it's running with AC while you go into the store with the dog in the car. I only lock my car when I am hiking.
Leaving keys in the ignition is an open invitation to steal your car. The house door is always locked, we do live in Newark lol.

Putting one of these on your key rings helps immensely....https://www.thetileapp.com/en-us/products/mate

People in our area are renting PODS, Portable On Demand Storage units, for their belongings while their homes are being repaired. Guess what's being burglarized now? The PODS. :cursing: There's a special place in hell for these heartless thieves.
Unfortunately that's not uncommon. Even worse is that you will start to hear about contractor fraud. We're 6.5 years post Hurricane Sandy and the AG is still prosecuting Sandy fraud.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Nerd.

;-)
We had a conversation about this on our way to baseball. One of miniskis's friends called him a nerd and he wanted to know of that was ok. I responded that the richest people in the world are nerds and everyone works for them... so yes... it is ok.

I then reminded him that while his friend is at home playing video games, he is out playing baseball, watching hockey, and running around the neighborhood with other kids.

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
The Saga is coming to an end... or not really (no one's ever really gone) but it'll be a fun 2-3 hours anyway!

I love Star Wars - saw the original 4 times the year it came out, have a rebel legion sticker on my car - and I am a trekkie, I have a starfleet academy sticker on my car even and have seen all of the series and loved them (wanna be Captain Janeway)

BUT I AM SO FREAKIN EXCITED FOR THIS MOVIE as I have not recovered from Infinity Wars...

Richmond Jake

Cyburbian
Maybe it's just me and how I was raised, but I think it's rude to wear hardhats and cowboy hats in the White House. Or any indoor place for that matter.

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
Fratzin'. A few weeks ago I agreed to pick up a few hours at work tomorrow night. 7p-11p. I guess I will be avoiding all social media until Monday night after Hubby and I can watch GOT.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
I watched the GOT season premiere last night: Here are my thoughts.

I like how they ended this episode and how it ties into how they ended the very first episode. However I also thought that John would have been more taken back by the news of his parents. I wonder how he will tell his Sister/Lover. The body parts that are arranged on a wall are interesting being that it creates a sun when lit on fire, but it is the Night King that did it.

DVD

Cyburbian
My aunt in-law brought me back some nice cigars from her cruise. It made for a good weekend.

AG74683

Cyburbian
Thank you to everyone using spoiler tags for GOT stuff!! I was just too tired to watch last night.

Planit

Cyburbian
Mrs. P has been looking for her drivers license since Thursday, but didn't tell me until this morning.

It was in my jacket pocket. She gave it to me to hold during the baseball game Thursday night.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
...so I think this is exhibit A that sometimes you CAN judge a book by the cover.

Give me your kids!

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Sorry, Maister. Bad use of mod powers....I accidentally edited your post instead of quoting it.

Forgive? :worried:

Man, do I suck, or what? I wish I was as cool as Maister. He posts cool images like the one above when providing examples of people you can judge a book by the cover.

Oh, and I have decided coin collecting is quite lame, and I think vegetable gardening is a much more worthy pursuit. But then what do you expect from the likes of me?

Last edited by a moderator:

DVD

Cyburbian
I think most mugshots can be judged by the cover. We could start a whole new thread of guess the crime.

Gedunker

Moderating
Meant to post this earlier, but yesterday morning my electric shaver charge fizzled out (my Braun gives no warning whatever), so I put it ion the charger and went about my morning. It was only later when I was walking up to Kroger that I realized, I was only half shaven.:oops:

Since my shaver had given up about mid-face, and I wear a goatee, I decided to go ahead and risk someone noticing.

If they did indeed notice, they were too polite to say anything. I prefer to think I pulled it off, however.

Reactions: kms

Hink

OH....IO
"Pizza in the morning, pizza in the evening, pizza at supper time. When pizza's on a bagel, you can have pizza anytime".

I still believe this is one of the best jingles ever written. Prove me wrong.

Bubba

Cyburbian
"Pizza in the morning, pizza in the evening, pizza at supper time. When pizza's on a bagel, you can have pizza anytime".

Never heard of it, so...

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian

Agree 100%. I have never actually eaten a Bagel Bite and they always looked pretty gross but that jingle has been in my head for decades. It's right up there with the "Chicken Tonight" jingle that has also stuck with me:

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I think most mugshots can be judged by the cover. We could start a whole new thread of guess the crime.

View attachment 24309
My money is on solicitation.

Meanwhile, in Niagara Falls, on September 20, 2009:
DIS CON: Pleasure S. Cox, 17, 631 Chilton Ave., was charged with disorderly conduct and unlawful assembly about 4:45 p.m. Sunday, according to police. Responding to a large fight in the are of 18th Street and South Avenue — for the second time in an hour — officers said Cox refused their requests to leave the area.
And January 3:
A fight between two women inside a Niagara Falls elementary school continued in the parking lot with one combatant wielding a hammer and ended with a rollover crash a block from the school.
[snip]

That's when one of the women – later identified by police as Pleasure S. Cox, 26 – got a hammer out of her car and started hitting the other woman's SUV, according to the report.
And a few days ago:
A woman was arrested Friday evening after a memorial gathering to honor a deceased family member deteriorated into an alcohol-fueled brawl, Niagara Falls Police reported.

Officers were called to the 2500 block of Niagara Street around 7:45 p.m. for a “large fight” and quickly dispersed most of the combatants, police said. However, according to reports, one woman refused to leave and officers twice had to use force to restrain her.

After initially giving the name of her sister, Pleasure S. Cox, 26, of Whitney Avenue, was charged with two counts of disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, second-degree criminal impersonation and unlawful possession of marijuana. Police said they added more charges after Cox allegedly was found with a pocket knife after she was jailed at police headquarters.
A work-safe search for a mugshot might be difficult.

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
My neighbor at work and I were both Marines and this appeared on a shelf in the corridor between our two offices yesterday morning:

We have no idea who put it out there and nobody has owned up to it, but we have our suspects - particularly the head of the County's Veterans Services office or somebody on his staff who are almost entirely Navy vets. At least whoever put it out there had a G.I. Joe with a Marine Corps uniform.

Bubba

Cyburbian
"Pleasure Cox"???!!! Hahahaha. I mean, you pretty much have to go into a certain line of work with a name like that. Right?
Reminds me of a passing comment from Mrs. Bubba after a Facebook "friend" of hers posted a birth announcement (and I cannot remember the name she gave her kid): "Why on earth would you give your daughter a stripper's name?"

Reactions: Dan

Planit

Cyburbian
"Pleasure Cox"???!!! Hahahaha. I mean, you pretty much have to go into a certain line of work with a name like that. Right?

...and she doesn't live in FLORIDA, which would have made it more of a classic.

When you see names like that, you gotta think 'what was her momma thinking?'

DVD

Cyburbian
At least whoever put it out there had a G.I. Joe with a Marine Corps uniform.
Because who the hell would want the Navy G.I. Joe? No gun, very sad. You can have him do great adventures like swabbing the deck, standing lookout, or scamming a Marine out of his pay.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Reminds me of a passing comment from Mrs. Bubba after a Facebook "friend" of hers posted a birth announcement (and I cannot remember the name she gave her kid): "Why on earth would you give your daughter a stripper's name?"
A possible litmus test: if a name is based on a flavor, color, precious or semi-precious gemstone, abstract noun, luxury brand, celestial object, or city in the American west, it's a stripper name.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
A possible litmus test: if a name is based on a flavor, color, precious or semi-precious gemstone, abstract noun, luxury brand, celestial object, or city in the American west, it's a stripper name.
Is this a good example from my fair county Sheriff booking page -

TEQUILA KAY

Does your fair community's Sheriff post both booking and jail inmate photos & names ?

Richmond Jake

Cyburbian
Unfortunately that's not uncommon. Even worse is that you will start to hear about contractor fraud. We're 6.5 years post Hurricane Sandy and the AG is still prosecuting Sandy fraud.
Over 50 people have been arrested and charged with contracting without a Florida license since the storm.