• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread of Their Own 2019

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
I am at work. I also have to work Monday. AND Tuesday. We need at least one government holiday a month. I think that should be priority #1 for whomever runs for President.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
We put mugshots up on our Facebook page. Sometimes there's irony

Reactions: Dan

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
My coffee this morning is extra good. Maybe because I have been drinking tea so much?

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Somehow I get to work Fri, Sat, Sun, and Mon. Itty Bitty is seeking the Easter Bunny elsewhere.
Every job has its' drawbacks and I'd say you're looking at one of working in a hospital's biggest.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
I just had the WORST chocolate I've ever tasted in my life. It was one of those foil-wrapped little chocolate Easter eggs. Gahh! Yuck! Regret regret regret.

Bubba

Cyburbian
Yay, my cell phone decided to die after seven minutes of operation this morning. And, it's a model that's basically impossible to take apart and get to the battery for a hard reset. So, apparently I get to go out and get a new toy today if we ever stop getting pounded by rain...

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
I miss the little button that tells me how many posts in a thread are by someone. That was a nice little button.

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
Only 4 people in the office today. Nice and quiet - I may actually get some work done!
Very quiet here today today and I've been way too productive so far this morning.

There is some massive construction that is tying up my commute in the mornings and the traffic was great this morning even with the two lane closures thanks to Good Friday and all the schools being closed and many others likely taking the day off or having their offices closed.

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
Speaking of scohols...

I was just looking at the aerial maps around my neighborhood and never before bothered looking at the area with the high school down the street. I just now learned that they have three open air courtyards at the high school. That's pretty cool!

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
I want my baby back baby back baby back... I want my baby back baby back baby back....

DVD

Cyburbian
Pringles! Baby back Pringles! I think I might be confusing my jingles.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
I mowed the lawn this morning and they is a chance of tornados this afternoon.

I am going to need to stake a tree tomorrow. The winds have already started to push it over...

Salmissra

Cyburbian
Only 4 people in the office today. Nice and quiet - I may actually get some work done!
And now there is one. I was the ranking person in the office today, and I started kicking the others out at 4. It's a holiday weekend - get yur butts out the door!

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
So who's going to light up in about 50 minutes, maaaaaaaaan? :mj:

(Not me. I'm for legalization, but weed culture is kinda' annoying. 4:20 on 4/20 it's amateur afternoon.)

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Speaking of 4/20, there's Bitmoji for everything.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Honey don't you dare ...

Weekends are slow here, so let's see how high I can get today's post count ...

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I've been getting into reviews of ordinary cars lately.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Just spent about 20 minutes in the garage putting 3-in-1 Oil on pliers and snips, to keep the rust away. Washed my hands for a good minute, but they still smell of oil. That should counteract the effects of having the Lifetime Movie Network on.

We should start a neverending tool thread.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
So, the better half goes out for a run. I hop in the car and head down the hill, thinking I'd go to Lowe's for some mulch. I'm halfway into town, and I realize it's Easter. Nothing is going to be open, except Wegmans and Walmart. So, I drove back home, got the hedge trimmers, and went nuts before the bushes came into bloom. We're having the house re-stained in a few weeks, so I cut back all the trees and bushes a couple of feet from the walls.

As for Passover, the in-laws are stuck in Florida, because so many flights along the Eastern seaboard were cancelled, so no seder.

Happy Easter, eveybody!

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I wonder if there's a difference between regular Kosher for Passover matzos, and the Kosher for Passover matzos imported from Israel, with holographic seals and various rabbinnical proclamations. on the box.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Hello?

Hello?

Hello?

Hello?

Hello?

Echo!

Echo!

Echo!

Echo!

Echo!

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Pink Floyd -

Is there anybody out there?

Cheech And Chong

CHONG: Dave's not here
CHEECH: No, man, I'm Dave

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Meanwhile, in Japan ...

I feel I succeed with precision, but consistently fall short where elegance is concerned. Panache maybe, but elegance, no. What's the secret to achieving elegance while urinating? Sounds like a good Ted talk topic.

Planit

Cyburbian
Wasn't supposed to work Friday but ended up coming in for a couple hours. Met another coworker on the big project site and discussed several items. Unfortunately one of those conversations will result in extra work this week.

This week is spring break around here. Easy drive into work this morning as the school traffic was zero.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
If you're ever puzzled as to how you got fat, just fast for 24 hours and the reasons why will become as clear as day.

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
I have been trying to fast from 8PM to noon the next day. It worked for a while, but now I just cheat the system a lot. It certainly does make for an interesting look when you have a food diary. Oh yea I did eat 47 gummy bears at 2:37pm. Hmm maybe I shouldn't do that.

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
There's your new idea for Big Hink's Discount Diner - the Gummy Bear Special.
Now they make sour gummy bears. As though I could ignore regular gummy bears... but make them Sour Patch Kid love Bears and I just can't....

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
I found a box of old pictures I took during my time on various deployments while in the Marines and all I can say is, damn I was a horrible photographer!

DVD

Cyburbian
Hink's Diner can have the gummy bear song running 24/7.

Can't get you a youtube video since it's "viral video" and work is blocking it.

AG74683

Cyburbian
I have been trying to fast from 8PM to noon the next day. It worked for a while, but now I just cheat the system a lot. It certainly does make for an interesting look when you have a food diary. Oh yea I did eat 47 gummy bears at 2:37pm. Hmm maybe I shouldn't do that.
Haha this reminds me of that scene from Parks and Rec where Andy is told he can get two candies from the store.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
As nonsense words/syllables go, I've long been partial to 'flarn'. I mean, doesn't it sound like it should mean something?

AG74683

Cyburbian
I'm probably going to seriously have to start considering buying a car soon. My sister is probably getting hers back and I don't want the Jeep as my only daily driver. It sucks for anything besides around town.

Top Bottom