• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread of Their Own 2019

DVD

Cyburbian
Oh wow ... I was all set to share a pic of the "tuba guy" (actually on euphonium) who plays in the stands at the Colts games. Since I know his real name I searched on that ... and found a mugshot.
He failed to post his arrest for voyeurism on his FB page.Seems he installed a stealth video camera in a first aid kit and positioned it in the washroom of the doggy daycare place where he worked.

Also he is quite religious, right wing, really hates seeing pics of me playing my horns at activist causes ...
Why does it always seem the overly religious guys are the ones who get busted with voyeurism or some perverted crap. I'm religious, I'm perverted, but something stops me from secretly recording Hink in his heels. Maybe it's the fact that he would be okay with public recordings of that?

I was thinking he should wear Adidas and tube socks.
Gotta throw in some gold chains. It the details that make the look.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
When you ask such questions, it makes me think of the MP song
"Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life"

AG74683

Cyburbian
I finally got my new phone. That was a very annoying experience. I didn't know it would require a signature, otherwise I would have had it shipped to the office. Oh well.

arcplans

As Featured in "High Times"
I am still feeling the vertigo, stomach issues, and ringing in my ear since I got a deep tissue massage. Has this happened to anyone?

AG74683

Cyburbian
In what universe can you come to get a permit for a new house without building plans AND somehow expect to get that permit within 5 minutes?

ursus

Cyburbian, raised by Cyburbians
You know when you pull up to a stoplight and there's a portly guy blasting "Indigo Girls" from his car with the windows down, and you make eye contact and he turns his acoustic soft rock UP and winks at you? Yeah, that's me: I'm that guy. :)

terraplnr

Cyburbian
You know when you pull up to a stoplight and there's a portly guy blasting "Indigo Girls" from his car with the windows down, and you make eye contact and he turns his acoustic soft rock UP and winks at you? Yeah, that's me: I'm that guy. :)
And the less I seek my source,
The closer I am to fine, yeah
Closer I am to fiiiiiiinnnnneee, yeah,
Closer I am to fiiiiinnnneeee

On another note (no pun intended) I think my fiance and I are having a text spat about the costs of wedding photographers. Dude, they be expensive.

DVD

Cyburbian
Here, I found his plans. They must have blew westward.... way west.
I'm concerned about the building codes on this one. The height of the addition on the side seems a little low, although it does appear they are going with the hurricane glass on the windows.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
I'm concerned about the building codes on this one. The height of the addition on the side seems a little low, although it does appear they are going with the hurricane glass on the windows.
That side addition is a converted garage into a bandit apartment done without permits.

AG74683

Cyburbian
Here, I found his plans. They must have blew westward.... way west.

View attachment 24572
You laugh, but I would accept that. No lie. That's how freaking simple it is to get a permit here, yet some people (like this contractor) insist on mucking it all up and being a general jerk about things. He ended up going to the CM's office to rant and rave. I've given him multiple checklists and plenty of opportunities to complete the permit digitally, but he refuses. Oh well. The only reason I even require building plans is because our zoning ordinance takes setbacks from eaves/overhangs and I need to verify their size, plus people tend to lie on their permit applications in regards to square footage of the house.

In other news, my favorite attorney plans to sue ME directly over a NOV I wrote on the illegal dog kennel. He called our own county attorney for legal advice on how to proceed with it :roflmao: :roflmao: . We are convinced he is in witness protection because no one really knows how he ended up here. He's from New Jersey apparently.

DVD

Cyburbian
In other news, my favorite attorney plans to sue ME directly over a NOV I wrote on the illegal dog kennel. He called our own county attorney for legal advice on how to proceed with it :roflmao: :roflmao: . We are convinced he is in witness protection because no one really knows how he ended up here. He's from New Jersey apparently.
Going for the I've been sued merit badge. I've got a couple of those.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Yesterday was National Chocolate Chip Day & I didn't have a chocolate chip cookie or ice cream.

Did you have a chocolate chip cookie or ice cream ?

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
I bolded the best part! :ha:

In dog kennel-related news - When my wife and I were looking for a house about a decade ago now, we saw a really great house with a perfect layout, beautiful landscaping, and an awesome inground pool. The house made our short list and we went back to check it out on a really nice spring day (the first time we looked about a month earlier, it was dreary and snowy) and we stepped out the back door to check out the patio and enjoy the weather and were hit with what sounded like a cacophony of at least a dozen dogs barking and yelping all at the same time. We could see the realtor cringe when we looked at her.

When we left to go to the next house we were looking at that day, we took a tour through the rest of the neighborhood and found there was a big old farmhouse about a block away smack dab in the middle of this 1950s subdivision and there was a sign outside of the farm advertising that they were an AKC dog breeder of some sort. We rolled down the windows and turned off the radio and sure enough, that house was where all the barking was coming from.

We crossed that one off of our list. Even if the barking only occurred once or twice a day and certain times a year, it was loud enough and there was enough of it that we wanted no part of it.

Big Owl

Cyburbian
Lady comes in to apply for a zoning permit. Her site plan is a print out of the taxmap with a box for the house placed center of the lot and the driveway is shown. She has the dimension and distances annotated on the map. As I am reviewing it, I asked "Do you know that line that goes through the lot and through the proposed house is a stream?" Her response was "I was wondering what that was. Is this going to keep me from getting a permit?"

AG74683

Cyburbian
Lady comes in to apply for a zoning permit. Her site plan is a print out of the taxmap with a box for the house placed center of the lot and the driveway is shown. She has the dimension and distances annotated on the map. As I am reviewing it, I asked "Do you know that line that goes through the lot and through the proposed house is a stream?" Her response was "I was wondering what that was. Is this going to keep me from getting a permit?"
NOPE.

RandomPlanner

Cyburbian
I finally got my new phone. That was a very annoying experience. I didn't know it would require a signature, otherwise I would have had it shipped to the office. Oh well.
We actually have a policy that prohibits employees from having personal items shipped to a municipal building. What prompted that policy, you ask? I can't be sure but it may have been when an employee had 4 TIRES shipped to the courthouse and kept them in his office for a week!!

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
We actually have a policy that prohibits employees from having personal items shipped to a municipal building. What prompted that policy, you ask? I can't be sure but it may have been when an employee had 4 TIRES shipped to the courthouse and kept them in his office for a week!!
We have a policy that we cannot have personal items shipped through the USPS to our offices since it goes to a centralized location first and then municipal employees would be sorting and delivering personal mail for employees. People will occasionally have FedEx or UPS deliver to the offices since the driver will just come into the lobby and call the addressee (whether its a personal or work delivery). I imagine if some jerk left a set of tires in their office for a week they'd probably ruin it for everybody here too.

AG74683

Cyburbian
Awesome.

One of the prior permitting techs I worked with freaked out one Christmas when a load of stuff she ordered showed up at the office. She was certain she had accidentally used the Amazon account she had for the county instead of her own and charged the purchase to a county card. Luckily she had accidentally swapped out the shipping addresses.

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
After talking to my daughter last night, I decided to play video juke box on Youtube. One of the songs that came up was Garth Brook's The Dance. I never really appreciated the song when it came out. The song now has a deeper meaning to me in light of having been in a relationship that went sideways. I went a period after the breakup that I wished I had never met her, especially they way the relationship ended. The lyric of I may of missed the pain, but I would have missed the dance struck home. The idea of the pain of the break up not negating the good parts of the relationship, including my daughter.

Hink

OH....IO
Whatever is here now is my allergy hell. I thought grass was bad, but this is terrible.

Also, we had some super strong storms last night. Bangers if you will.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Honestly, PCU should get much more respect than it does as it is a good college romp comedy much in the legacy of Animal House.