• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

RTDNTOTO 🐻 Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread Of Their Own 7 (2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bear Up North

Cyburbian Emeritus
Happy new year, Cyburbia! The big ball just did its' annual dance in Times Square. Of greater importance, the big walleye dropped in Port Clinton, OH, just down the road a piece from Toledo and Swanton. The fine finish for the 2011 version of Random set the bar high. Speaking of bar.....I need a drink.

G'night!

Bear :D

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
Happy New Year from Metro Detroit! (I just wanted to post on the first page of the 2012 Random Thoughts thread)

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
10,000 posts in RTDNTOTO for 2012! C'mon, we can do it!

kms

Cyburbian
Happy New Year! I'm up later than the 21 year-olds! Woot!Woot!

ICT/316

Cyburbian
bbblaahh bb huh. Ya, 2012 wow!:p:-b:beers::beers:.......the year new thousand and 8k post!:beers:

Just kinding Happy 2012 GUYS!!!:D

Bill

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
Looking forward to another great Cyburbia year! I like the 10k number. Seems very reasonable.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Originally posted by JNA

Random Thought Progress Report - Posts 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, 6000, 7000, 8000, Closing # on the 31st.

# 7 - 2012 -
# 6 - 2011 - 02-25, 04-12, 05-26, 06-30, 08-10, 10-05, 12-05, 12-31, 8,041
# 5 - 2010 - 03-04, 05-09, 07-26, 09-22, 5,563
# 4 - 2009 - 02-19, 04-24, 07-13, 10-07, 5,004
# 3 - 2008 - 04-04, 07-07, 09-23, 12-22, 4,085
# 2 - 2007 - 03-10, 05-19, 07-24, 10-11, 4,862
adjusted by the 50 posts that were listed in #1 and posted on & after 01/01

michaelskis

Cyburbian
So will we call it twenty-twelve or two thousand-twelve?

BTW, wife had to work at 6:30 this morning so mini-skis and I went into downtown until 8:30 to watch some of the concerts, then came home. I think I was in bed by 10:00 knowing I would have to be up at 7am with the little guy.

On a happy note, they are calling for the first snow storm of the season starting this afternoon! Mini-skis and I are going to go play in the white stuff after dinner tonight. Maybe I will teach him to run the 40+ year old snow blower. 8-! (like my wife would ever let him near it...)

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
I'm trying to work up the courage to go for my 5 mile training run today. I've only run 4 miles twice in my life. Those runs were a challenge. 5 miles has me just about psyched out. :-{:(:r::-$

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
New years breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs made with heavy cream, cheddar, and hot sauce; cinnamon toast; bacon; sausage; grape juice, and coffee

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Looking forward to another great Cyburbia year! I like the 10k number. Seems very reasonable.

Especially if we tweak the rules a bot for RTDNTOTO. You know, not worry so much about post-padding, low-content posts and the like. Still, not post just for the sake of posting, and continue to spin off topics that deserve their own threads.

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
New years breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs made with heavy cream, cheddar, and hot sauce; cinnamon toast; bacon; sausage; grape juice, and coffee

So you are trying to lose weight?

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
208 posts on the 29th, 313 on the 30th, 441 posts yesterday. :)

EDIT: 28 RTDNTOTO posts a day, excluding any posts spun off into their own threads, is what we'll need for 10,000.

HEUO3.jpg

We must grasp revolution and increase production, increase work, increase preparation for struggle, to do an even better job.

illinoisplanner

Cyburbian
Happy New Year everyone! Sorry I couldn't be there for the epic reaching of 8,000 posts in RTDNTOTO, but I just read through them all. Nice work.

Had a great party last night. For a party with only 6 people, we sure made the most of it. A friend and I polished off a bottle of Jack. In addition, the others went through about 24 bottles of beer, half a handle of vodka, and then we all drank about 2 bottles of champagne after 11. And we stayed up dancing to recent hits and 90s music til about 3 or 4 in the morning. Good times.

Tarf

Cyburbian
Wouldn't we have hit 10,000 posts in 2011 if discussions within RTDNTOTO weren't split off by the mods? Just a thought... :-c

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Today is an odd day. Mini-skis is taking his nap, I am watching the Packer game and I am surprised at how the refs made a very bad call against the Lions. It was a TD, Det could not challenge it because he was out of challenges. That is a stupid rule. They should be able to challenge any play within the end zone, regardless if it is a TD or not. :-{

We are hoping to get enough snow to play in but it is not coming down nearly as thick as TWC said it would be. :-{

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
RJ's watching that Tebow kid play football.

We got another few hours sunning by the pool today.

I'll start cooking some scrumptious munchies in a few. Sausage-jalapeno cheese squares and Mexican pinwheels. Yum! I love Southern Living cookbooks...:D

Otis

Cyburbian
RJ's watching that Tebow kid play football.

We got another few hours sunning by the pool today.

I'll start cooking some scrumptious munchies in a few. Sausage-jalapeno cheese squares and Mexican pinwheels. Yum! I love Southern Living cookbooks...:D

Chicken fajitas for us tonight. Why? Because we have some cilantro and some bell peppers we need to use before they go bad. That and because Mrs. Otis apparently doesn't want to cook tonight and I am the fajita man. Since I am a great cook, they will be delicious. And because I am smart they will be washed down with some good beer.

kltoomians

Cyburbian
Chicken fajitas for us tonight. Why? Because we have some cilantro and some bell peppers we need to use before they go bad. That and because Mrs. Otis apparently doesn't want to cook tonight and I am the fajita man. Since I am a great cook, they will be delicious. And because I am smart they will be washed down with some good beer.

Try the fiesta sauce with your fajitas. It's to die for...<drool> We had it with flank steak for New Year's Eve.

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
Happy New Year everyone. I made it 'til about 11pm before conking out. Naturally I was awake at 6am :-{ Doing lots of hurry up and waiting this week :D

ofos

Vintage Cyburbian
Happy New Year All Y'all! Been on the road all day. In Tucson last night, out in W. Texas tonight. Tomorrow it's back to Dallas. Looks like I'll have put about 2800 more miles on the Highlander over the holidays.

Veloise

Cyburbian
Maister's radio show

Sound effects

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
We win again

The gadfly's challenge to our comp plan amendment was found in compliance by the Florida DEO (previously known as the DCA), on Friday. The administrative law judge ruled in our favor and DEO confirmed that decision.

We're damn good at what we do.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
What is the attraction of watching dead flowers stuck to a float traveling down Colorado Boulevard in Pasadena? I don't get it.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
What is the attraction of watching dead flowers stuck to a float traveling down Colorado Boulevard in Pasadena? I don't get it.

Nor do I, when it's the same floats year after year after year.

Didn't the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade do the same Underdog balloon for something like 10 years straight?

At least the parades we have in the US are a bit more upbeat and festive than those in North Korea.

7UIPg.jpg

Maister: link to the show, please! :)

michaelskis

Cyburbian

I love fajitas!

However, tonight we are having spaghetti. I jazz up the regular sauce and we have a ton of basil left from the garden.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Just found out that the NP Ranger, Margaret Kritsch Anderson, killed in the line of duty at Mt Rainier, was from my home town in NJ.
She also had a Kansas connection too.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
It has seemed to be slow in here all day today.

I had coffee with a good friend and mentor today. We talked about our goals for the next few years and what we need to set for short term goals along the way. I was a great discussion and looking back at it, the stuff we talked about made me realize how far off course I have been slipping as of late.

Watched "Facing the Giants" with Mini-skis today. It is fun when a 3 year old is that engaged in a faith-based movie. Best thing is it has a better tone and message than many of the cartoons on TV these days. I am looking forward to when "Courageous" comes out on DVD (same people as Facing the Giants) because I am going to buy a couple copies and I think that every father should be required to watch it before they do anything else. It will mess you up in a good way.

Happy that our dog is finally starting to feel better. It is unreal how bad allergies and a sinus infection can be in a dog.

Tarf

Cyburbian
OK not the first time I've seen it, but just gotta say: True Grit is a fantastic movie. Jeff Bridges is the shizzle.

zman

Cyburbian
Ready to get out of the lazy days of New Years, burned out on holidays.
Want to start the new year, new job and new routine.

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
Coming to work after taking as much time off as I did over the holidays, is hard. Cold engine. I hate cold engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.