• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Rant: Life's Cruel Irony

Seabishop

Cyburbian
The following is an official rant:

The City/Town/County/Firm/Agency of ***-****** can respectfully go to hell. After looking forward to possibly working for this place for a while I got the "Please F-off" letter yesterday. I'm used to it, but that same day our secretary announces that SHE is giving her 2 weeks notice. That's MY fantasy!!! SHE got to march into the boss' office and tell him the bad news while I sulked at my desk. I am a poor jealous soul. :-\

I've been actively looking for almost 3 years and despite some interviews here and there no one has been seriously interested - no 2nd interviews or reference checks. I'm like a guy who's been dumped by women again and again and doesn't know why. (No, its not hygene)

Once again, the City/Town/County/Firm/Agency of ***-****** can respectfully go to hell.

Whoa. I'm sorry to hear that. I think it's safe to say that most of us have been through that b.s. at some point in time. :(

Wannaplan?

Bounty Hunter
:y

How is that ironic?

Wouldn't the irony be if the secretary applied for the same job as you and she's the one who got it instead of you?

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Wanigas? said:
:y

How is that ironic?

Wouldn't the irony be if the secretary applied for the same job as you and she's the one who got it instead of you?
Well, its not perfect irony, but it really helped to rub it in. Of course, I am seriously happy for her.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
I am sorry to hear that, but sometimes when we are down, it provides us motivation to do something so much greater with our lives. Is there something that you have wanted to do, but your existing job kept getting in the way? This might also be an opportunity to take a look at further education, and possible relocation. Don’t look at this as woe is me, but more so as you are free from the bindings of a job that I am guessing you did not like.

Just remember, when life gives you lemons, open up a lemonade stand, and throw the rest at the head of the person who P---ed you off.

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
Bad news and very unfortunate. :-( Keep your head up and keep on keepin' on! Things will get better. :)

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
Seabishop, sorry to hear the bad news.

Sounds like your Friday the 13th is not off to the best of starts. At least the weekend is near by and you can :b: :b: :b: for the next two day and go into work on monday ready to start a fresh week.

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Thanks - just a childish rant to let off some steam. I'm not unemployed. Nobody's dying. My home life is great and I'm very lucky to have what I have. We even got a new fridge and coffee maker in the office. :)

donk

Cyburbian
Try receiving a letter from an unnamed suburb in your area, 3 months after the interview that implies that they never intended to hire you anyways, after dragging you down to said suburb under the pretense they planned on offering you the job.

Good thing I finally found another job. Seabishop, you could always take my job

Seabishop

Cyburbian
donk said:
Try receiving a letter from an unnamed suburb in your area, 3 months after the interview that implies that they never intended to hire you anyways, after dragging you down to said suburb under the pretense they planned on offering you the job.

Good thing I finally found another job. Seabishop, you could always take my job
I guess it was the wonderful suburb named after a bodily organ? At least now you don't have to get used to planning in a different country. And the pay vs. housing cost might not have worked out anyway.

I guess I could get used to fried bologna, punishing cold, and inbred woodsmen threatening my family. ;)

donk

Cyburbian
Seabishop said:
I guess I could get used to fried bologna, punishing cold, and inbred woodsmen threatening my family. ;)
That is on the "good" days. ;)