• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

(Re)Name that Cyburbian

Cardinal

Cyburbian
OK, it is time to hide behind an on-line personna, abandoning my real name in favor of a pseudonym, as so many other long-time Cyburbians have done. Too bad I can't use my college nickname, it fits me sooo well. (Habanero, stop laughing!)

I'll be brave and take suggestions from the masses first.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Quite brave of you to let us chime in. How bout:

The Bachelor

or

Dead Kitten Man

JNL

Cyburbian
I like The Bachelor.

I'd also like a change, I wasn't feeling very imaginative the day I chose my name so just used my initials. Hmmm.... any suggestions? (except from Rem!) Probably something to do with my far-flung, exotic location. I read the other day that New Zealand is regarded in many places as a bit like Timbuktu i.e. a mysterious place at the end of the earth.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Cat Herder
Dead Horse
Quasimodem
Oliver Klosoff
Band Name
Rick Shaw
Orson Buggy
Lou Pole
Dustin Dubree
Stan Beyerman
Francis Ford Cupholder
Rusty Steele
Wayne King
Redshirt
Lou Smorals
Cody Pendant
Grape Nut
Seabishop ... wait, that's already taken
The Klingerman Foundation
Max Density (my favorite)

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
I don't know you personally, but you have always been sweet on Cyburbia. How about Mikey-Poo?? OK, if that's too girly, hmmm.... something more manly, like "Tower of Power"?

H

Cyburbian
Zoning Goddess said:
I don't know you personally, but you have always been sweet on Cyburbia. How about Mikey-Poo?? OK, if that's too girly, hmmm.... something more manly, like "Tower of Power"?
HA!, Mikey-poo, go with that one! hahahha

Rem

Cyburbian
JNL said:
I like The Bachelor.

I'd also like a change, I wasn't feeling very imaginative the day I chose my name so just used my initials. Hmmm.... any suggestions? (except from Rem!)
I have such an elegant, complimentary suggestion for you - but if I'm prohibited from offering .....

Rem

Cyburbian
If you were living in Australia you would get called Stumpfy. That would then get shortened to Stumpy. That would then become Boony after a cricketer known as Stumpy Boon, then VB after the brand of beer Stumpy Boon holds the world record for drinking the most of on a flight from Sydney to London (57 cans by the way), then the Mexican because VB (Victoria Bitter) comes from south of the border, then Chili Chucker because the Mexican is not funny enough, then Bert after Brett Lee who bowls (pitches) very fast, and then Bing because anyone named Lee gets called Bing because of the electrical discounter Bing Lee, and then .......

No imagintaion - just evolution.

Boony would get you a lot of respect in Australia, have a suitable beer reference and reflect your favoured habitat.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
I donno i like my name on here it fits me i think

congrats on the 2500 posts-im falling off the horse and working so less posting ;-)

Jen

Cyburbian
Stumpfy ....sounds like the 13th dwarf

13th dwarf
bird dog
lone hiker
miketheman
will plan for beer
mingler

all right habanero spill the beans what'smikey-poo's college nickname - fess up!

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
How 'bout:

closetcanuck
tweetiepie
SWM (Stupid White Man)

I don't think anyone has claimed WIPlanner yet...

Jen

Cyburbian
Downtown said:
Jen - I could have sworn there were only 7 dwarves to begin with!

What about Stumpf a Stumpf o' Burning Love?
NO! there are 12 dwarves, what version did you grow up with?;)

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
I like Tran's suggestion of closetcanuck

Queen B

Cyburbian
HMMMM...
Feel I must put in my 2 cents on this one.

Trying to play off the Terminator/ Arnold thing these days.

How about Super Mike-anator
Tower of Power

nerudite

Cyburbian
I concur on "The Bachelor" or, if we want to really advertise... "WI-37-SWM" ;)

Otherwise, I think you should make homage to New Glarus, since the name shows up in several of your posts.

pandersen

Cyburbian
Moniker

Mike:
Why not use an online name that generally describe your professional disposition e.g. friendly, fustrurated, perturbed, pissed etc.

Back in the bad old days before I left a particularly unrewarding job, my online persona was "Planner in Purgatory"

On the other hand, if you were thinking of something a bit more quirky, why not go with "MIKENATOR" MIKESTRESS" or MIKE-A-LIKKE-A-DING-DONG" or perhaps "HER STUMPH" (Mr. Stumph for thise who need the translation).

And I've saved my best for last TREE STUMPH.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
We have Queens and Godesses, and now a (Big Easy) King, so how about Prince ED (short for economic development)

edit: Then again, you're a dead ringer for "Haywood Jablowme"

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Zoning Goddess said:
Well, MS, why don't you pick your favorites and post a poll? Will you abide by the Cyburbians' vote?
I may be brave, but I'm not foolish! ;)

Michele Zone

BANNED
The name Michael means 'like god' and the German word Stumpf has some of the following translations: blunt, lackluster, lethargic, and dull. If you reverse your first and last names, as is often done for work e-mail addresses, this gives us a variety of choices such as:

Dull Like God
Lethargic Like God
Lackluster Like God
Blunt Like God

"Happy Hunting" (not one of your translations).

donk

Cyburbian
in honour of you little, furry friend, the raccoon. what about scruffy?

el Guapo

Capitalist
And lo did the most high Modministrator answer the PM of the poster formerly known as Michael Stumpf. Let his name be known throughout the land as Cardinal!

nerudite

Cyburbian
el Guapo said:
And lo did the most high Modministrator answer the PM of the poster formerly known as Michael Stumpf. Let his name be known throughout the land as Cardinal!
He should probably change his avatar then. ;)

Cardinal

Cyburbian
JNA said:
because he attended or graduate from BSU?
Thank (the non-existent) god, no!

The cardinals have lived in my yard since I moved into this house. In that time we have become good friends. I give them sunflower seeds and they sing to me, particularly to wake me up in the morning. They have several admirable qualities in their sociability, loyalty, etc.

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Cardinal said:
Watch it there Cardinal.....don't be dissing the alma mater of more than a couple of Cyburbanites! ;)

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Cardinal said:

The cardinals have lived in my yard since I moved into this house. In that time we have become good friends. I give them sunflower seeds and they sing to me, particularly to wake me up in the morning. They have several admirable qualities in their sociability, loyalty, etc.
AAHHH, that sounds so peaceful... I am sure their qualities reflect yours??? Now, on the other hand, if I were to rename myself after the predominant wildlife around here, I would be called "Coral Snake" or "Aggressive brown lizard with pulsating throat". Hmmm...