Reading and research in transportation planning

Hello all,

I'm just starting my search for a graduate program in transportation planning, but I don't know that much about the field as my bachelors is in Environmental Studies with a focus on Sustainable Urban Development. Does anyone have suggestions of journals, blogs, authors, or research to look into to?

I have just studied in Copenhagen, Denmark for a year and became interested in transportation planning after seeing their incredible public transportation network and bike infrastructure, so I am particularly interested in bike, pedestrian, and public transit infrastructure. I would also like to learn more about TOD, BRT, modeling, and the field in general. I'm looking at schools in the US and Europe, so research, journals, blogs, etc. from both are of interest.

Thanks!
Jaime

glutton

Cyburbian
mooc?

To echo this thread, does anyone know of a (preferably free) online course or series of webinars that explain the basics of transportation engineering and/or modeling? I'm just beginning my career in transportation planning and I'm not so well versed in the technical side of it (my background, like the OP, is in straight up general planning).