• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Ready to jump in the deep water

Queen B

Cyburbian
I have been surfing the forums for a while now and feel like I have been intruding on some well established relationships.
But you seem like a friendly bunch...most of the time.;)

Midwest County planner, psychology background, just happened to get into this field through an open door in the Appaiser's office.

Be kind it is Friday and very close to :B :30

I look forward to talking with you.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Welcome QueenB, glad to bring you out of the closet so to speak.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Welcome! and yes we are a friendly bunch-just reflecting the tensions of a unstable world and hard jobs ;-)

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Welcome aboard. You will find a lot of Midwesterners lurking on here.

I am with you on the beer thing!

Only 1.5 hours until.....

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Mmmm.. beer. You are very welcome here, and may notice the large number of midwesterners.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Welcome Queen B... brave the insanity and dive a little deeper into the FAC. We really are nice people. ;)

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Welcome

Where are you in the Midwest? Just jump in with both feet, it will only feel cold for a minute or so :)

Queen B

Cyburbian
mike gurnee said:
And just where is the so-called "Midwest"? The former Northwest Territory?
I am not as west as you are! Don't you agree that it is strange for people to refer to anything west of the Mississippi River as out west? Heck we have to go back east to get there!

Queen B said:

I am not as west as you are! Don't you agree that it is strange for people to refer to anything west of the Mississippi River as out west? Heck we have to go back east to get there!
To me the Midwest starts in Buffalo NY. :)