• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Reasons not to be a Democrat

BKM

Cyburbian
Well, if it WAS local Republicans, they could have left a load of elephant . . . byproducts in her car :)

BKM

Cyburbian
Heck, even I, the evil lefty, would vote for a Republican before Al Sharpton.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Um, this may get me killed, but here goes....

Does anybody remember James Watt, the great President Reagan's not-so-great Interior Secretary's comment about diversity on his committee? I quote: "a black, two women, a Jew and a cripple."

Think about it.
Al Sharpton.
Hillary Clinton and Carol Mosley Braun both considering it.
Joe Lieberman.
Bob Kerrey.

I only point out the coincidence.

I'll go purchase some kevlar, now.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Michael Stumpf said:
Um, this may get me killed, but here goes....

Does anybody remember James Watt, the great President Reagan's not-so-great Interior Secretary's comment about diversity on his committee? I quote: "a black, two women, a Jew and a cripple."

Think about it.
Al Sharpton.
Hillary Clinton and Carol Mosley Braun both considering it.
Joe Lieberman.
Bob Kerrey.

I only point out the coincidence.

I'll go purchase some kevlar, now.
Damn Dude!?!?!?! Kevlar won't provide oxygen to you when you are in a burlap bag under water with a short block 350. The libs know how to take care of business, just ask Jimmy H.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
El Guapo said:

Damn Dude!?!?!?! Kevlar won't provide oxygen to you when you are in a burlap bag under water with a short block 350. The libs know how to take care of business, just ask Jimmy H.
There's a lot to be said for the 350. As a Ford man, though, I prefer the 351 Cleveland.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Michael Stumpf said:

There's a lot to be said for the 350. As a Ford man, though, I prefer the 351 Cleveland.
I miss my 350. One of the few engines I knew so well I could tear it apart and put it back together. Now some ITT tech grad with a computer has to tune my engines...

(A 440 with a six-pack was the coolest IMO)

El Feo

Cyburbian
Michael Stumpf said:

Yeah, you'd never do that with an even remotely salvageable 351. On the other hand, about all a 350 is good for is ballast.

el Guapo

Capitalist
I had a 351C in my 72 Grand Torino once when I owned a mini-mullet. Thus, I suggested the GM product be used to drown your blasphemous arse. :)

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
El Guapo said:
I had a 351C in my 72 Grand Torino once when I owned a mini-mullet. Thus, I suggested the GM product be used to drown your blasphemous arse. :)
Wussies. My '72 GTO had a 440. Damn I loved that car. Such a shame my siser ran it under a semi trailer...

el Guapo

Capitalist
I figured when the title "Reasons not to be a Democrat" was posted it would keep up with the never ending thread because there are so very many reasons to chuck it and become a tool of Rumsfeld!

donk

Cyburbian
My favorite vehicle is an open air porsche convertible, tractor. 2.5 litres of single cylinder diesel goodness. Second would be the farm bomb, a 1967 willys jeep commando with a big block chevy engine from a cutlass supreme.