• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Redevelopment public/private financing

Jim Swope

I am working on a volunteer basis with a committee charged with proposing redevelopment/revitalization plans for a small Florida waterfront city. I need to find examples of such efforts in other similar cities where financing of redevelopment efforts was a public/private joint venture. In the case of this particular city, the municipal government is willing to take out a loan; the committee is seeking grant sources and the merchant population is willing to be assessed. Any ideas would be welcomed.

Gary Kozak

Redevelopment Public/Private Financing

Have you had any sucess? we are a private company looking to build a hospital, school, etc. under similar arrangements with the government.

I wouldn't mind a few leads if you have them. I did turn up something at www.worldbank.org/html/extpb/abshtml/13067.htm if you are interested.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Niamh Moore

Redevelopment Public/Private Financing

I am a graduate student of such developments. Dublin, Ireland is an example of such a public/private partnership. The government provided incentives which attracted developers to the area. Private companies then developed the land which remains in the ownership of the state. Profits are shared between the state and the private companies.