• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Relief

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
The Dictionary said:
noun: relief: 1. a feeling of reassurance and relaxation following release from anxiety or distress.

I am currently experiencing this emotional state due to finding my $700 smartphone that had been missing for the past 20 hours.

How about you - ever find your car keys, purse, wallet or other valuable that's been missing. Ever gotten a call at midnight when you've got a sick relative in the hospital, only to find it's a wrong number?

How do you spell relief?

zman

Cyburbian
I lost my wallet my freshman year of college. I remember walking to the cafeteria after class for lunch and not having it, thus meaning not having my student ID for lunch either. I tore apart my dorm room, and retraced my steps. I got a new student ID and made plans to go get a new drivers license. I used checks (back in the day when people still wrote checks) for dinner at a sandwich shop that night. I had $42 dollars cash in the wallet too.

Two days later, I return to class (it was a M/W/F schedule) to find my wallet sitting wedged in the arms of the desk chair, where it probably fell out of my packet two days previous. It was untouched, all cash still inside, and all cards/ID/Driver's license, etc. Not sure how many different classes occurred in the room in between time, but no one saw it.

DVD

Cyburbian
Relief, the look on the new planner 2's face when I told her that we don't do zoning or other public hearings, just site plans.

Doohickie

Cyburbian
ever find your car keys, purse, wallet or other valuable that's been missing.
A few days before leaving Michigan to move to Texas, I lost my wallet. Someone found it and dropped it by my house. That was a relief. Other than money being gone it was intact.