• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Request for Assistance from a New Member

Paul940

Good morning,

I am a new member currently working in London and would like some assistance with office space planning.

I am running a project to converge our operations onto a single site and I would like to know if there are any commonly used ratios or percentages that are used to identify the amount of space that is required for a specific number of people.

Our operations are primarily data processing so we will be planning for conventional office space for PC users.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Sorry I can't help with specific ratios. I do have some suggestions, based on where I have been now and in the past:
- Wall space is important, planners like to hang big maps and drawings on the walls.
- Planners need big tables to lay out projects, and plenty of room to move around them.
- We get a variety of materials of different sizes and types - plans, material samples, etc. - and we need a variety of storage types to accommodate them.
- A place to hide. Self-explanatory.