• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Request: Healhcare

spatium

Can anyone perhaps direct me to a website that have usefull information on healthcare, but more specifically Health Clinics. I am assisting a non-profit org in aquiring the appropriate land use zoning rights. They want a prenatal clinic for woman, but also want them to stay over for a day or two, yet, it must not be a hospital as a residential house with outbuildings will be converted for the purposes. Anybody with ideas or good resources will be truly appreciated.

spatium

everyone views but don't reply

is anybody out there? all views and no replies make me :'(

SGB

Cyburbian
spatium said:
Can anyone perhaps direct me to a website that have usefull information on healthcare, but more specifically Health Clinics. I am assisting a non-profit org in aquiring the appropriate land use zoning rights. They want a prenatal clinic for woman, but also want them to stay over for a day or two, yet, it must not be a hospital as a residential house with outbuildings will be converted for the purposes. Anybody with ideas or good resources will be truly appreciated.
I think the wording of your inquiry is a bit confusing. If you are looking for information about health care facilities in general, we may not be able to help. If you are looking for information on how they are regulated as a local land use, then that's where we can assist.

The best place to start, IMO, is with your municipal planning officials. Look at the zoning code with them, and learn how different types of health care facilities are or are not defined in the code. Then look to see where such uses are permitted. Ideally, the type of facility you described fits nicely in an already defined and permitted use in the local zoning.

Good luck!