• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

retailiation without words

boiker

Cyburbian
Our city code requires that exteriors of all home be free of chipped or cracked paint. And the landlord, in this case, decided to appease code enforcement and paint the house.

Notice the lack of any chipped or cracked paint :)

Attachments

GeogPlanner

Cyburbian
i got one of those...i'll post the pic tomorrow...maybe we can have a contest of the best of the worst paint jobs.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Reminds me of a Go Go Bar around here. The owner is not allowed to post a woman's figure on the building, so he ended up posting it on a truck parked in front of the building and to piss off the township he painted the building all different colors.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Funny, that looks like the colors in my living room. Tasteful and subdued....

we have a house in the neighborhood where the resident used to regularly hang homemade signs on his front fence. Usually long bible quotes denouncing homosexuality and hilary clinton that took a couple passes by the house to be ablet to read the whole thing. not small signs either. however, this summer, he's kept them on his front porch. i imagine his neighbors are rather relieved. the poor man though, he's a vet who came back from vietnam not quite the same as when he left.

el Guapo

Capitalist
No vet ever comes back the same. Well unless it was duty in Texas in the ANG.

E.G., yeah. My dad went to Vietnam, and now that I'm looking over my post, it should have been worded differently. I should have said that he came back changed to the point of societal non-functioning. Which, unfortunately, happened to a lot of vets.