• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Retro McDonald's Design

nerudite

Cyburbian
You mean like this?

I think there's one in Austin... do a search in google and you'll probably find some real photos.

Markitect

Cyburbian
Slotcar Mikey said:
Hello,

I am a newbie. Do you guys have any pictures of "good" designs of retro style McDonalds? Thanks for your help!

I see you've decided to reconsider the retro McDonald's proposal.

The owner says he plans to have it open 24 hours. I don't see a retro McDonald's in Grafton as being that big of a draw.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
You guys just outed your identities! LOL

There is a new retro Mickey D's on Layton and Howell if you want to check it out. But IMHO it is a poor site design with no street orientation.

steveanne

Aww, just make a road trip and come on down to Des Plaines and see the orginal McDonalds. It's basically just a museum now, but pretty nifty nonetheless. It's right off of Rand road close to our "downtown".