• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Hi there! 👋 Return of the prodigal Mouse

Journeymouse

Cyburbian
Hi guys,

I've finally managed to sort out a bit more 'Net time - although you're currently in competition with my very busy internet e-mail account (330 this morning) and an online game. Anyway, to let yo know what's been going on:

At the end of March last year, my honourary (honorary to you! :)) uncle died of cancer. I was a rather upset and following three months leave from my doctorate, decided to quit altogether. It took a while to get back on my feet and I'm still living with my dad, but I'm finally getting somewhere! I now work weekends in a local boarding kennels and volunteer Monday to Wednesday at a local nature reserve (with the exulted title of Volunteer Warden). I'm hoping to eventually get similar work but paid (and if anyone knows of anything...;))

In short, the Mouse is back.

<hugs everyone>

SGB

Cyburbian
Welcome back, JM.

I sorry to hear of your loss. Here's hoping your new career direction suits you well.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Welcome back!!!! :-D :-D

You were MIA by the time I started hanging out here, but I have heard nothing but good references about your wisdom and insight.

Good luck on the volunteer front. Helping animals is always a noble action.

It reminds of a BBC reality show about vets and their practices.

Last edited:

biscuit

Cyburbian
It's good to have you back JM! Hopefully all will go well with your life's new direction.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Welcome back -- I too was new here while you were MIA.

Condolences on your loss and best wishes with the new ventures.
We could use a "Volunteer Warden" around these parts sometimes ;-)

Ta.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I welcome your return with post #6000. I've been saving it for a special occasion. :)

nerudite

Cyburbian
It's good to see you back! Sorry about your loss. Hopefully taking care of all those critters will be therapeutic :)

BKM

Cyburbian
Welcome back! Sorry to hear about your loss, and it sounds like your new career will be pretty neat.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Welcome back JM. Glad things are begining to look up for you.

boiker

Cyburbian
Mouse! Great to see you back. Hope that all continues to improve and that you can frequently participate in discussion again.

Journeymouse

Cyburbian
mendelman said:
You were MIA by the time I started hanging out here, but I have heard nothing but good references about your wisdom and insight.
Lies, all lies, I tell you!

Hang on a minute... they said good things? all true :D

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Journeymouse said:
Lies, all lies, I tell you!

Hang on a minute... they said good things? all true :D
Good things... and absolutely true! I really did miss you here and it is wonderful to have you back.

Doitnow

Cyburbian
Welcome Back Journeymouse!
Sad to know about the happenings.

By the way, I joined while you were away.
Many improvements I guess since then. Like Dan entering the Sixth level.
Did I hear a big blast?

JNL

Cyburbian
Welcome back Journeymouse. It's good to have another international voice to provide a bit of balance on the forums :-D

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends
We're so glad you could attend
Come inside! Come inside! ....
Come inside, the show's about to start
guaranteed to blow your head apart

Artist: Emerson, Lake & Palmer
Song Title: Karn Evil 9 First Impression
Album Lyrics: Brain Salad Surgery

Sorry for your loss;
I know / experienced what you went through - I lost my father to Cancer.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Welcome back Journeymouse!! I have been wondering where you had got to - I even thought about trying to hunt you down when I was in the UK last year. Sorry to hear about your honourary uncle. Glad to have you back!

JoMo - We've missed you! WElcome back.

I have to say, it was weird to see all the people that I think of as long term Cyburban Citizen - Skel, etc, that came on after you left. It made me feel old and geeky. :)