• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Hi there! 👋 Returning

DA Monkey

Cyburbian
Hello

Ive been a member of this board once before, but recently I could not find my user name, so I decided to reintroduce myself and hopefully add another voice from Terra Australis.

Im Australian :-D, sort of like Rem but not so southern, Ive been a planner for a little while and have tried my hand at some differing applications of the role. I have also undertaken two other Careers (town planning is my third) and whilst enjoying them moved on to greener pastures so to speak.

Whilst being in this pasture (paddock) Ive been looking over the fence and noticed you lot "chewing the cud" on many subjects including that world shaking event - RWC and I just could'nt stay away.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Welcome! (Back).. from another citizen of the southern hemisphere... just a few thousand miles eastwards... :)

Oh, and one question, by any chance did you join (the first time) in late august/early september this year?

JNL

Cyburbian
Budgie said:
Who isn't welcome to Cyburbia?
Well, in some places, Australians aren't welcome, so it needed to be clarified ..... just joking ;)

Welcome from across the ditch :)

Budgie

Cyburbian
JNL said:
Well, in some places, Australians aren't welcome, so it needed to be clarified ..... just joking ;)

Welcome from across the ditch :)
So the Pacific is "the ditch", while I've heard the British refer to the Atlantic as "the pond". I guess the ditch is the passage between NZ and AUS?

The motherland of AC/DC, Paul Hogan and Kylie Minoute (spelling?) can't be all bad.

"A dingo ate my baby !!!!!"

Jeff

Cyburbian
What happened to evil Budgie that was going to make everyone feel unwelcome?

He was fun.

And what ever happened to your Army Ranger buddy? He put so much effort into sounding all important too.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Welcome DA MONKEY.

Budgie said:
Who isn't welcome to Cyburbia?
Well, according to this fellow we'll take everyone but the Irish.

Bonus points if you got that one

Rem

Cyburbian
Welcome DA Monkey. Maybe we can gang up on them yanks occasionally (without exposing the great Queensland vs. rest of Australia cultural divide).

Who are you tipping for the RWC?

Starrdarcy

BANNED
Welcome (back) to the crew!!!

Hope you can add on the many previously enjoyed forums. There good, i came back after a summer vacation, but came back because of the cyburbia Addiction...

DA Monkey

Cyburbian
Rem said:
Welcome DA Monkey. Maybe we can gang up on them yanks occasionally (without exposing the great Queensland vs. rest of Australia cultural divide).

Who are you tipping for the RWC?
After this weekends games, my money is still on the Wallabies, however they are looking a little shakey considering their performance against Romania. I also reckon England have choked. Interestingly USA must be going for "the most improved" award for this comp, theyre having a cracker.

Oh, and I will look forward to tag teaming with you against the Norhemiprocentric planning bias as neccessary.