• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Right up there with the BADGER, BADGER thingy

Seabishop

Cyburbian
PlannerByDay said:
If you've seen the Quiznos commercials with the freaky rat singer animal
thingies??

Check this out. IT is right wup there with BADGER, BADGER, BADGER thingy

http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/
I think its a bad commercial because even though its attention getting, you associate their food with disgusting rat creatures - not appetizing. I guess it beats Jarrod though.

Dragon

Cyburbian
8-! they are out to get me!!!

Really though, it makes me want to stay away from Quiznos.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
I'm Seabishop that it is definitely an attention getter, but it doesn't turn me off from Quizno's. I like their sandwiches.

Habanero must like Quizno's, her avatar is one of the googly-eye rat thingys

biscuit

Cyburbian
On that note, it's now time for lunch.
Maybe I'll walk down to Quizno's.

They have a pepper bar!

ludes98

Cyburbian
Mmmm toasty. I like Quiznos. My first experience was in the Albuquerque Airport, which was awuful and turned me off completely for months. I ventured to Quiznos again because my sister in law is addicted. I have been a customer about once every one to two weeks for lunch since I can walk to it. The commerical is horrible, but the food is good.

martini

Cyburbian
Quiznos is OK, and I'll eat it if there's no other good veg option to be had, but damn, that commercial is downright disturbing.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
I never understood where those damned things came from. Was the internet cult first and Quizno's plucked 'em up, or what?

Habanero

Cyburbian
Chet said:
I never understood where those damned things came from. Was the internet cult first and Quizno's plucked 'em up, or what?
Is this like the age old question- what came first the chicken or the egg? :-D I think Quizno's ripped it off, just like VH1 ripped the kittes off.

BKM

Cyburbian
Nope. The rathergood guy is in the computer graphics business. He made the ad for them.

I really, really "like" www.rathergood.com (Tales of the Blode rocks), but I find the Quizno's ad pretty annoying. They are popping up like fungi in Northern California.

Rem

Cyburbian
I reckon they sound like Ween (Push the Little Daisys).

Habanero said:
Is this like the age old question- what came first the chicken or the egg? :-D
This, coincidentally, was sent to me yesterday Habanero - another spooky coincidence. B-)
There is a chicken and an egg in bed together. The chicken is looking very contented and relaxed while the egg is looking frustrated and pissed off. The egg rolls over, pulls the sheet over itself and says "Well I guess we answered that old question didn't we!"