• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

RIP, George Plimpton

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Geez, one of my favorites now coughing up dirt sandwiches. :( RIP

biscuit

Cyburbian
Wow, I didn't realize that he had done so much during his lifetime. Kind of the Forrest Gump of the literary set.

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
With the deaths of the well known people lately, this should inspire someone to make a new thread to predict who will die next. I would, but I can't think of anybody who may be near their deathbed. Is Ronald Reagan dead yet?

Tom R

Cyburbian
rip

This has been a really bad couple of weeks.

I just saw George at the opening of a Lions game with Alex Karras.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Geez what's with all these famous people dying? Is it the drinking water? Is it sprawl? Global warming? Some psycho that's killing old famous stars a-la Jack Kevorkian?

SGB

Cyburbian
SkeLeton said:
Geez what's with all these famous people dying? Is it the drinking water? Is it sprawl? Global warming? Some psycho that's killing old famous stars a-la Jack Kevorkian?
Or could it be that celebrities, like the rest of us, are actually aging? Noooooooooooo!

Last edited: