• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Zoning: general River overlay districts

Tom R

Cyburbian
rivers

Contact the Water Resources Agency at the University of Delaware, Bath Township (Summit County, Ohio) or Summit County Department of Development, Planning Section. All have some type of riparian setback requirements. Mostly, they're recent and may not have a lot of experience. There is also the Chagrin Watershed group (Geauga County, Ohio) and I believe the State of Maryland can help regarding their Chesapeake Bay protection program. All have web sites. Good luck.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Look into Bucks County, PA and the municipalities within along the Delaware River. You can contact the county planning commission, they did a Coastal Zone Management Study with recommended overlay zoning, etc

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
The Wisconsin DNR did one for the Wisconsin River which crossed multiple local jurisdictions. Their contact info can be had at:

www.dnr.state.wi.us

nerudite

Cyburbian
I have worked for a few jurisdictions now with overlays adjacent to the river. But what overlays are you looking for? "Conservation" is a pretty vague term these days... I mean there is slope stability, enviromental protection, certain vegetation overlays, flood zones... what is it that you are looking for and maybe I can provide you with some additional information.