• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

RJ, reporting for duty

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
A few thoughts: I made it to Florida. Went through California and said my hellos and goodbyes to mom and siblings -- it left me an emotional wreck. Have myself a 2 bedroom apartment, 2 blocks from the beach, so I'm healing. Work begins on Monday and I can't wait to get started. The divorce was final on flag day (am I missing some irony here?). Boys come to visit in August.

ZG, time to finalize the Florida Alefest!!

I missed my contact to Cyburbia -- best wishes to all.

Budgie

Cyburbian
It's good to have you back. Heal, heal and heal. Where are the boys staying? Are they with their mother? If you guys get an Laefest together, let me know. I'm itching to get out of this one horse (Seg) town.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Great to have you back RJ!
We'll be sure to pop open a good bottle of Pinot Gregio tonight to celebrate your return to the fold.

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Good luck and I hope you enjoyed the trip. Two blocks from the beach - that's got to beat Idaho. :)

RJ - Glad you've resurfaced. Cyburbia is glad to know they've got a couch to crash on by the beach. :D

Seriously - we're glad you're ok, and getting settled.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Glad your back.
Two blocks from the beach - sweetness :-} :-D

BTW - boy do I know how that is, growing up almost the same distance from the beach.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
I have a feeling that every time you walk down to the beach, you will get a smile on your face, and remeber that when the time is right, the fish your looking for have beached them selves!

Welcome back, now lets get this party started.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
RJ, glad to hear you've arrived and are settling in. Boy, am I jealous, I've lived here my whole life and never lived that close to the beach!

Would you be ready for a lae-fest sometime next month? Tallahassee? or further east/south?

nerudite

Cyburbian
Glad to see you arrived safely! I hope the new life in Florida is just what you've been looking for.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Man....spitting distance to the beach has got to be nice!!! :-D

Go for a swim, and also go buy a kayak or some kind of boat for playing on the water.

Good Luck with the new job start

sisterceleste

Cyburbian
Welcome to Hurricane Land. ZG and I are off to see Trail Nazi in Jax today for baby's first birthday party while TN is visiting. Looking forward to seeing you hopefully this summer.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Welcome back, you have been missed! But we'll aim better next time.... :p

el Guapo

Capitalist
Good to see that one of life's long road trips is over. Now it is time to nest, and by nest yes, I mean party. Rent the DVD Old School and see if it gives you any ideas. Party on Jake(AKA Blue)...:)

Queen B

Cyburbian
Glad your trip was good. Families always cause emotional train wrecks but it is good to have those conections in our lives.

I just pray the hurricanes don't get you but being that close to the beach I bet friends come to visit.

Enjoy your new start, know that we are here for you in a cyber way!

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Well I've probably missed some stuff now that I've been quite busy with my studies, but still... Welcome back RJ, and I hope you have a good new start. :)

Rem

Cyburbian
I apologise for not being very timely but welcome back RJ. I guess you'll be reading this in the office during your first day in the new job ;-) - slack early and slack often - wouldn't want a pattern of diligence to become established.

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
Welcome to Florida. Hope you like the job. Wish I could see everyone at Laefest but I have to go back to Yankee land soon.

biscuit

Cyburbian
[ot]
Trail Nazi said:
Wish I could see everyone at Laefest but I have to go back to Yankee land soon.
Hope you're back soon. We need someone to lead the eastern front of the Southern invasion of Pennsylvania.:-D [/ot]

tsc

Cyburbian
as my grandmother used to say... salt water and salt air cures all ailments...

Floridays

Cyburbian
Welcome to Florida! Just remember there are 3 essentials you must have:
1. an umbrella
2. sunscreen
3. a beach radio

Otherwise, relax and fuhgeddaboudit!