• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

RJing on Friday July 5th

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
I'm taking off the 5th and thinking about taking the 3rd off too but that will be a last minute decision. If I don't take the 3rd off, maybe I'll take the 8th off.

Whenever the 4th falls on a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday our office is pretty empty basically all week long.

AG74683

Cyburbian
Probably can't. Way too busy for this month. I'm finishing up two rezoning requests and have two more pending for this month's PB meeting and a lengthy discussion planned on some cell tower amendments. It's a lot for a one man shop to be sure.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
I'm working the 5th. So far there will be 3 people in the office - and supposedly 2 more "working from home". The rest are either already off (2 people off all week) or claim they haven't decided yet . . .

Maister

Chairman of the bored
We (meaning I, really) will be operating with an epic skeleton crew that day.

Faust_Motel

Cyburbian
I'll be working. Hoping for a quiet day but often these are the days when the most bizzaro people/issues show up.

Gedunker

Moderating
Somehow, I let both of my professional staff take this week off, so I'm holding down mine and their jobs as well. It's not especially fun, if I'm honest with you.

I expect it will be deader than a door nail in these parts, but I'll be here on the 5th.

RandomPlanner

Cyburbian
Not only am I taking Friday off but it also occurred to me this morning that the holiday traffic on the interstate has already started so I'll be RJing out early on Wednesday too. I can't stand the commute when the roads are EXTRA full of morons.

Bubba

Cyburbian
I'd planned on RJing out Friday, but may not be able to entirely - apparently someone higher up the food chain than me decided to promise to deliver a report to a client next Monday without bothering to account for staff availability (or lack thereof)...

DVD

Cyburbian
I'm here on Friday. It will either be crazy with people or absolutely dead. Wednesday will be a mess. People think they must get stuff in before the holiday because it'll make us work faster or something.

zman

Cyburbian
I have a floating holiday to take and strongly considering the 5th. My admin said I have nothing on my schedule, and suggested it.
Last week was a doozy with a tons of stuff seemingly due on June 30, making it a long week, plus I finished the CIP budget over the weekend and had a long Council meeting last night.

Fine then, you've convinced me. I will take it.

Doohickie

Cyburbian
Our company has a union, and while I'm not a member of it, it's the union who sets the holiday schedule. We typically get X hours per year of holidays, and the company and the union figures out which dates are chosen as holidays.

kjel

Super Moderator
I'm taking a vacation day Friday and Monday.

kms

Cyburbian
Full day today and I’m in the field and working my way toward home.

TOFB

Cyburbian
Gonna RJ today and probably buy an electric bike. Work all day Friday since I need to pay for said electric bike.

kjel

Super Moderator
I'm taking a vacation day Friday and Monday.
And the county executive is closing the offices on Friday. Get to use that vacation day some other time :)

I think it was because the Jersey City mayor ordered their offices closed on Friday as well.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Not me. The other three planners in the office are taking the day off. My wife works that day, and we usually carpool together, so I might as well go into the office. I'll be working on the very last edits and teaks to the draft FBC before showing it to the Planning Board. I seem to be a bit more productive when there's nobody around, for some reason.

Have a tree grate style planting area. There's also the swale and tree lawn styles.

Reactions: JNA