• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Roach Wagons

smarty

Cyburbian
I'm wondering if anyone has zoning or policy language for Roach Wagons. You know, those converted Winnebagos that drive to parking lots, industrial areas, park, open the side, and serve lunch.

It's not really a big deal yet, I we're starting to see a few more that usual. Not sure if it's really a big deal at all, but...........

BKM

Cyburbian
Roach wagons

Roach wagons are considered "peddlers" under our Zoning Ordinance. They are regulated by our Police Department, which requires a separate "Peddlers Permit." The most interesting requirement: they have to "move on" every thirty minutes. (move along not really defined, but, "out of eyesight" seems to work.

Now, vendor carts are reviewed by the Planning Department, they have to be located out of parking or driveways and next to the main entrance of an existing, active primary business on the site. No vendors on vacant lots.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Roach Coach Cusine

I like the pulled beef burritos and the tort soup. Who cares if it was cooked in the Men's room out on the interstate before they rolled into town. They are UMMMMMM Good.