• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Fantasy football 🏈 Rookie Draft - Poll Closed! We will try a Rookie Draft this Year

Should we have a rookie draft?

• Yes - Good idea

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • No - I hate it

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Abstain - I don't care

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
I was in a very good league once (keeper), and they had a wonderful way to "offset" some of the inequality in a draft. (Especially with 12 or 14 teams) They held a "rookie draft" before the main draft that was the exact opposite in order. So the last drafting team got first pick of the rookies drafted by teams in 2004.

For example: If I were going last in the main draft, I'd get my choice of someone like Roy Williams, who was drafted this year by Detroit, and should be an impact player.

After the single "rookie round", all other rookies went to the main pool of players.

With only one vote against - We will try a ROOKIE DRAFT

Last edited:

donk

Cyburbian
I'm ambivalent on this item. Seems like a whole lot more reading and guessing will be required.

Then again, I got really lucky last year with anquan boldin.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Sounds like a good idea. I have to do the research anyway, as I am entering a money league this year.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
I'm with Donk - seeing as I don't have much of a clue when it comes to players (especially rookies).

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Tranplanner said:
I'm with Donk - seeing as I don't have much of a clue when it comes to players (especially rookies).
Finding 14 impact players isn't easy. Finding 5 or 6 that will play immediately will. Hence, you get a head start if you pick near the bottom of the regular draft. There are tons of websites out there with the info... just one will give you 14.

So the people picking low end rookies can either take a chance, or maybe pick a player like Eli Manning as a possible keeper. That's why it worked so well.

plankton

Cyburbian
The start of the rookie draft

With the first pick, I'm holding my nose and picking a Cowboy:

Julius Jones RB Cowboys

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
uhhh...have we started this already? I thought this thread was just the poll.....

Mastiff

Gunfighter
NHPlanner said:
uhhh...have we started this already? I thought this thread was just the poll.....
It is... We'll start a new thread. But I want all the teams signed and locked in over at Yahoo first...

donk

Cyburbian
Anyone have any good suggestions for a resource for looking at rookies?

I just enjoy watching football and and am not a rabid fan, so knowing who is up and coming is way out there for me.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
donk said:
Anyone have any good suggestions for a resource for looking at rookies?

I just enjoy watching football and and am not a rabid fan, so knowing who is up and coming is way out there for me.
Start with a google search....I searched for "fantasy football rookie rankings" and got a few websites....

Status
Not open for further replies.