Roundabout designs

chubs

     
Does any one have any good design standards or details for Roundabouts. I have a developer who is proposing one to be built that may take up about 300' of row. I need pedstrian elements, transportation elements, and signage elements. I work for a small town and this is out of my level of experience.

chubs said:
Does any one have any good design standards or details for Roundabouts. I have a developer who is proposing one to be built that may take up about 300' of row. I need pedstrian elements, transportation elements, and signage elements. I work for a small town and this is out of my level of experience.
for another good website goto "roundaboutsusa.com"

Sorry, apparently I can't post a direct link until I post more than 5 times... 4 to go!

Last edited:
Ourston Roundabout Engineering has some info and case studies. I've worked with them before and they were very good. They also have a cool Live Webcam of a roundabout, handy for when you need to explain how one operates.

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
does anyone else get threatened with tarred and feathering on your village green for mentioning that these are a good idea?

i am a big fan of them, they work when people know what they are supposed to do, like not stopping

i miss the ones at the end of route 2 at alewife, getting replaced by bizarre traffic lights - bah humbug for sure! where's the fun in that?!?

anyone know carrier circle in syracuse - it's a classic and it works!