• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Rubbing it in: KSU 37 - OU 7 or that's gonna leave a bruise...

Budgie

Cyburbian
Messages
5,270
Points
30
Ksu 35 - Ou 7 !!!!!!!!!!

Today is a great day. This is perhaps the only thing El Guapo and I agree on. Take that back, we both think beer tastes good. KSU's first football conference title since they won the Big Six (yes, 6) in 1934.
 

el Guapo

Capitalist
Messages
5,991
Points
30
Rubbing it in: KSU 35 - OU 7 or that's gonna leave a bruise...

If you are from Oklahoma try to get someone to read this SI story to you. ;)

The rest of you can find the story here



Budgie :b:
 

Jeff

Cyburbian
Messages
4,161
Points
27
Go LSU !!

Did you see some of those scantily clad lasses wearing their Mardi Gras beads at the game?
 

H

Cyburbian
Messages
2,850
Points
24
JNA said:
Best coach in college football? Yeah, Bill Snyder."
What is wrong with this man's social skills? His after the game interview was like pulling teeth.

I was very glad to the KSU win. Good for ya'll.
 

Floridays

Cyburbian
Messages
769
Points
21
I know that I will receive all kinds of s*** from y'all, but! I am a very PROUD alum from the University of Oklahoma! Go Sooners! And doesn't that sugar taste SWEEEETTTT!!
 

H

Cyburbian
Messages
2,850
Points
24
Floridays said:
I know that I will receive all kinds of s*** from y'all, but! I am a very PROUD alum from the University of Oklahoma! Go Sooners! And doesn't that sugar taste SWEEEETTTT!!
I am not sure whom you guys paid to stay in the Sugar Bowl. It should be LSU v USC. I don’t like any of the 3 teams but it is true. USC got ripped off. OU got embarrassed by KSU and should feel guilty about going to the big game. But it works out good for LSU because now they play the weaker of the 2 possible teams.

My prediction: LSU 21 OU 10.

BEK I have no love for your tigers, but you are my SEC brethren so go SEC!!

Remember what happened the last time OU played an SEC team? That’s right Ole Miss kicked you guys around in the Independence Bowl in Shreveport for the last game of the 20 Century (New Years Eve 1999). I was there.
 

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Messages
7,181
Points
30
I like LSU...

...even though I hate them the day after Thanksgiving.

GO SEC! Bring it on home, LS an' U...
 

Floridays

Cyburbian
Messages
769
Points
21
We'll just have to wait and see .... but our coach does have class...
QUOTING BOB STOOPS

On the BCS
"I don’t have any control over (the BSC). If we’re in that position, it speaks for itself. Our strength of schedule, our quality wins, everything they take into consideration, indicates that we’ve earned our way. We’ll do our best to do everything in a positive way and to win.

I think it’s pretty obvious that although I respect both those programs (LSU, USC), we’ve come 13-14 straight weeks of being No. 1, carrying that burden the entire year, and playing pretty well. In the end, we’re No. 1 in the BCS. I find no shame in that. We (OU and LSU) each played an extra game, playing a top 10 team, to get where we are. I’m not going to apologize. We’re No. 1 in the entire system. There is nothing to apologize for."
 

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
Messages
1,361
Points
23
Floridays said:
I know that I will receive all kinds of s*** from y'all, but! I am a very PROUD alum from the University of Oklahoma! Go Sooners! And doesn't that sugar taste SWEEEETTTT!!
It won't be so sweet for the Sooners when LSU handles business!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!
 

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
Messages
1,361
Points
23
Re: I like LSU...

Mastiff said:
...even though I hate them the day after Thanksgiving.

GO SEC! Bring it on home, LS an' U...
The Tigers will be a national title force to be reckoned with for years to come!!!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!
 

H

Cyburbian
Messages
2,850
Points
24
Floridays said:
We'll just have to wait and see .... but our coach does have class...
Stoops is a class act. There is NO doubt about that. :)
 

Floridays

Cyburbian
Messages
769
Points
21
H said:
Stoops is a class act. There is NO doubt about that. :)
Thanks, H. I'm taking a real beating here! :)
I guess that's the price of being #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whee!!!!
 

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
Messages
1,361
Points
23
Floridays said:
Thanks, H. I'm taking a real beating here! :)
I guess that's the price of being #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whee!!!!
The Sooners won't be # 1 after Jan. 4th! Enjoy it while it lasts! :D

GEAUX TIGERS!!!
 

biscuit

Cyburbian
Messages
3,904
Points
25
Big Easy King said:
The Sooners won't be # 1 after Jan. 4th! Enjoy it while it lasts! :D
Amen brother
Not that I follow either team, but I too have a feeling that LSU will take this one...

[piss of H]
...Just as I expect Clemson to stick it to the Vols during the, sadly, second tier Peach Bowl.
[/piss off H] ;-)
 

H

Cyburbian
Messages
2,850
Points
24
biscuit said:

[piss of H]
...Just as I expect Clemson to stick it to the Vols during the, sadly, second tier Peach Bowl.
[/piss off H] ;-)
Ahhh, biscuit, that doesn’t piss me off. It makes me giggle because it is soo funny. :)

So what are we going to wager (non-monetary related of course) on the game???
 
Last edited:

ilikefish0

Cyburbian
Messages
204
Points
9
I know it's been said, and I'm probably ripping off someone's big idea, but you should have to be conference champion to play for the national title. Oklahoma in the sugar bowl is just a joke.

USC-LSU will have to be played in my head just like Cubs-Red Sox.
 

DecaturHawk

Cyburbian
Messages
880
Points
22
Ah, Bob Stoops vs. Bill Snyder. Both products of the great UNIVERSITY OF IOWA. Bobby ( and Mike, and Chuck Long) played for Hayden Fry and Bill coached under him. The Hawkeyes are again resurgent. Go Hawks, kick Florida, show Chris Leak what he missed by trying to save Zook's job instead of going to Iowa.(Outback Bowl, Tampa on Jan. 1).
 

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
Messages
1,361
Points
23
ilikefish0 said:
I know it's been said, and I'm probably ripping off someone's big idea, but you should have to be conference champion to play for the national title. Oklahoma in the sugar bowl is just a joke.

USC-LSU will have to be played in my head just like Cubs-Red Sox.
LSU fans, including myself, feel the same way. The conference champions should vie for the national championship...LSU vs. USC.

GEAUX TIGERS and the SEC!!!
 

biscuit

Cyburbian
Messages
3,904
Points
25
H said:
Ahhh, biscuit, that doesn’t piss me off. It makes me giggle because it is soo funny. :)

So what are we going to wager (non-monetary related of course) on the game???
A wager huh? Well, even though I'm not a Clemson grad, someone has to step up. So take a look at your new avatar buddy.












:-D
 
Last edited:

H

Cyburbian
Messages
2,850
Points
24
biscuit said:
A wager huh? Well, even though I'm not even a Clemson grad, someone has to step up. So take a look at your new avatar buddy.












:-D
Nice one. Ok, I will do it for a month, but if UT wins then your signature has to be the words of Rocky Top for a Month. The Month will be January.

I will go ahead and give you the words:

Rocky Top

Wish that I was on ol' Rocky Top,
down in the Tennessee hills;
Ain't no smoggy smoke on Rocky Top;
Ain't no telephone bills;
Once I had a girl on Rocky Top;
Half bear, other half cat;
Wild as a mink, but sweet as soda pop,
I still dream about that;

Chorus
Rocky Top, you'll always be
home sweet home to me;
Good ol' Rocky Top;
Rocky Top, Tennessee;
Rocky Top, Tennessee.

Once two strangers climbed ol' Rocky Top,
lookin' for a moonshine still;
Strangers ain't come down from Rocky Top;
Reckon they never will;
Corn won't grow at all on Rocky Top;
Dirt's too rocky by far;
That's why all the folks on Rocky Top
get their corn from a jar;

Chorus
Rocky Top, you'll always be
home sweet home to me;
Good ol' Rocky Top;
Rocky Top, Tennessee;
Rocky Top, Tennessee.


PS. Where did you go? I thought you went to Clemson.
 

biscuit

Cyburbian
Messages
3,904
Points
25
H said:
Nice one. Ok, I will do it for a month, but if UT wins then your signature has to be the words of Rocky Top for a Month. The Month will be January.

PS. Where did you go? I thought you went to Clemson.
Deal, but how about we just make it for two weeks - I can only handle so much embarrassment.

I grew up about thirty miles away and have been a lifelong Clemson football fan, but I wanted to remain literate so I attended the College of Charleston. ;-)

Just kidding my Clemson peeps.
 
Last edited:

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Messages
7,181
Points
30
A funny tune...

When I was at Arkansas, I was one of the leaders of a group that heckled opponents mercilessly, known as "The Trough". The stories are endless, but this one pertains to Tennessee....

We made up a song, to the tune of "Davey Crockett", copied it for the student section, and when the Vol basketball team entered for warm-ups, the student section arose like a choir (with yours truly directing) and sang:


Born on a mountain top in Tennessee,
Dwellin' in the cellar of the SEC;
He went to school with his dead ol' Dad,
And now the Volunteers are really suckin' bad.

Allllan, Alllllll-en Houson, should have turned pro last year.
Allllan, Alllllll-en Houson, should have turned pro last year.


As the students sat down, the Vol players were laughing and clapping and Allen was just in tears he was laughing so hard...
 

H

Cyburbian
Messages
2,850
Points
24
biscuit said:
Deal, but how about we just make it for two weeks - I can only handle so much embarrassment.

I grew up about thirty miles away and have been a lifelong Clemson football fan, but I wanted to remain literate so I attended the College of Charleston. ;-)

Just kidding my Clemson peeps.
2 weeks it is.

PS. my step sister went to CC, she graduated last year.
 

biscuit

Cyburbian
Messages
3,904
Points
25
H said:
PS. my step sister went to CC, she graduated last year.
Dude, I'm sorry. I had no idea... she just invited me over for a couple of drinks. Nothing happened, I swear. :-D
 
Top