• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

RUGGED! Fridays

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Introducing ... RUGGED! Fridays. This Friday's RUGGED! feature is some background sound, that, when looped, will grow some hair on your chest, and possibly inspire you to move to Michigan's Upper Peninsula. Enjoy.

rugged.wav

el Guapo

Capitalist
It is the sweet sound of a diesel rumbling in the background, with sporadic handgun and M-2 .50 cal machine gun bursts. Just about the sweetest music I have ever heard.

Dan thinks he jokes, but I have actually enjoyed that sound combination in real life once. But we would spice it up with thinks like grenade launchers, anti tank rockets and the occasional "take that you Iraqi sons-a-behatches!" and "I got your oil well lighting ass good - didn't I?"

Ah, Good Times......

nerudite

Cyburbian
Hmmmmm... maybe I can use this .wav to de-stress after dealing with some especially obnoxious customers at the counter. It seems to work with the machine gun noise toy I have in my car that saves me from road rage.

pandersen

Cyburbian
Rugged Wav

Dan:
Excellent - hope you don't mind, but I have stolen the clip from you. I plan on imbedding it in a powerpoint presentation that I'm giving to local councils this winter. They may not relate to the planning jargon, but they all recognize disels and gunfire.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Re: Rugged Wav

pandersen said:
Dan:
Excellent - hope you don't mind, but I have stolen the clip from you..
Be my guest.

I'm trying to find a way to make the sound even ruggedier ... have any suggestions?

There's Rug on the left, and Ed to his left. Ed's brother Darrel is behind him, and last in line is his other brother, Darrel.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Re: Re: Rugged Wav

Dan said:

Be my guest.

I'm trying to find a way to make the sound even ruggedier ... have any suggestions?
Belches and "yee haw git e'm skeeter!" would compliment the image.

pandersen

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Rugged Wav

Dan said:

Be my guest.

How about a caption for the guys with their guns blazin.

I was thinking something like

"Cletus, go for a head shot"

Re: Re: Re: Rugged Wav

pandersen said:

How about a caption for the guys with their guns blazin.

I was thinking something like

"Cletus, go for a head shot"
Well, you can see that the dumbass with the one-handed pistol grip isn't going to hit anything...