• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

RUGGED! site of the week 20 October 2003

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3146042998

It's not your ordinary Beanie Baby auction. What makes it RUGGED!?

"This belonged to my ex-wife who had about a 1000 of these Beanie Babies and when she moved, this one box of these got left behind, and now I am selling the goofy little things. Whatever money I make from them will be spent at the local Home Depot on tools and other cool stuff. "

"I am amazed anyine pays more then a dollar a piece for these things. What happened to collecting STAMPS? Pay what you want for them! IT ALL GOES TO HOMEDEPOT !!!!!! and BEER! "

tsc

Cyburbian
good one... and $860 ...wow!!

I bought a couple of beanie babies... for dog toys...the really take the abuse of an 80 pound hound. I still have an original red rover...no tag... and torn ear.

donk

Cyburbian
tsc said:
good one... and $860 ...wow!!

I bought a couple of beanie babies... for dog toys...the really take the abuse of an 80 pound hound. I still have an original red rover...no tag... and torn ear.
I'll start the bidding at $1 (CDN). ;)

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Ahhhhh!

The power of Ebay as a tool for revenge!

He should keep one of the beanies and hack it to peices with the circular saw he buys with the auction money.