Run, Forrest, Run....

ofos

Cyburbian
I do longer runs in Brooks and most normal runs in Asics. I have found the Brooks provide a much better base and stability for longer runs.

Brooks were always my first choice, just seemed to fit my feet better than anything else. Used them for both training and racing anything up to marathons. They really became my favorites when I had a pair break down quicker than expected so I mailed them back to Brooks with a complaint letter. About two weeks later, I received a new pair.

Mizuno lover here...I have a bit of a wider fore-foot so the Wide shoes is perfect for me. Light and provide stability.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Started off with Asics, moved to New Balance and now have a pair of Sauconys. I think I have the same issue with them as others and will switch back to New Balance for my next pair. Whenever I get off my butt and start running again that is...

7 miles yesterday, baby! Booooyah!!! I know it might not seem like a lot to some, but it is a PR! Woot! And I enjoyed doing it! Woot woot! I was having a mental block against running 6 miles so I ran 7 instead. :D

This weekend I also read Born to Run by Christopher Macdougall. It was so inspirational! That book helped me past the mental block and for the moment has changed my philosophy on running.

7 miles yesterday, baby! Booooyah!!! I know it might not seem like a lot to some, but it is a PR! Woot! And I enjoyed doing it! Woot woot! I was having a mental block against running 6 miles so I ran 7 instead. :D

This weekend I also read Born to Run by Christopher Macdougall. It was so inspirational! That book helped me past the mental block and for the moment has changed my philosophy on running.
Woohoo, I love that attitude! I ran my last big training run for the marathon yesterday, 15 miles...can't wait for the training to be over and just get on with this marathon.

Just updating everyone...marathon is this weekend, Sunday 8-!

I'm ready to go, hopefully I won't die...but I'll update this thread and let you all know if I make it :D

Hink

OH....IO

I'm ready to go, hopefully I won't die...but I'll update this thread and let you all know if I make it :D
Good luck! Set everything up the night before so you can enjoy the morning. You will do great!!! Have fun!

ofos

Cyburbian

Good Luck! Don't get caught up in the race start adrenalin rush. Just go out nice and sloooooooow and easy. It will pay off later.

Oh my goodness! I can't believe it is this weekend. Best of luck! We'll be cheering for you! Let us know how it goes.

This Sunday I'm running my first 10k. My hip flexor has been nagging me since last Sunday's 8-miler so I'm a little concerned how it will impact this race and the rest of my training. :-s

TOFB

Cyburbian
Started off with Asics, moved to New Balance and now have a pair of Sauconys. I think I have the same issue with them as others and will switch back to New Balance for my next pair. Whenever I get off my butt and start running again that is...
Saucony Shadow 6000's for nearly 20 years.

How was the marathon? I thought about you as I was fighting the bitter cold and gale force winds during my 10k.

How was the marathon? I thought about you as I was fighting the bitter cold and gale force winds during my 10k.
Oh, thank you so much, the wind was relentless for the race and quite chilly for Florida (upper 30s to start!). Also, it was partially on the beach, so we got a face full of wind AND sand. The good: finished my first marathon, the race was so inspiring and everything was decorated pink! All the homes and businesses along the route had pink ballons, streamers, I even saw pink flamingos! The bad: even though I was wearing well broken in shoes and socks I had worn many times, I got 2 massive blisters one on the ball of each foot. So painful! My time was ok, I think I could do better, especiallyi if I wasn't contending with the blisters. I even named my blisters Fred and Barney at some point in the race.

Hope your 10k went great and you are nice and warm by now!

ofos

Cyburbian
Oh, thank you so much, the wind was relentless for the race and quite chilly for Florida (upper 30s to start!). Also, it was partially on the beach, so we got a face full of wind AND sand. The good: finished my first marathon, the race was so inspiring and everything was decorated pink! All the homes and businesses along the route had pink ballons, streamers, I even saw pink flamingos! The bad: even though I was wearing well broken in shoes and socks I had worn many times, I got 2 massive blisters one on the ball of each foot. So painful! My time was ok, I think I could do better, especiallyi if I wasn't contending with the blisters. I even named my blisters Fred and Barney at some point in the race.

Congrats! I won't say that they get easier but you'll know what to expect the next time. Next time, grease up the feet with vaseline. Doesn't hurt to use it anywhere that you might have some chafing. Much better than blisters or bleeding. If you were wearing cotton socks, switch to wool or a synthetic blend.

Hink

OH....IO

You finished! That is really the main goal, so don't worry about the time. Blisters go away. You can now say you finished a marathon!

Woo hoo!! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! S

My race is on Sunday! I'm getting nervous. Last Saturday I ran 11 miles in 30mph winds and survived. My legs felt like lead at a few points but I finished. This week is my tapering week. I went for a 4 mile run in DC on Monday. Today is a 3 mile run and then I'll probably go for a 2 mile run tomorrow and then that's it until Sunday. We leave for NOLA on Friday. Yay! Weather is supposed to be in the 70s when we're there and in the low 60s for race day. That's quite a change from the 20-30F weather I've been training in! :D

My race is on Sunday! I'm getting nervous. Last Saturday I ran 11 miles in 30mph winds and survived. My legs felt like lead at a few points but I finished. This week is my tapering week. I went for a 4 mile run in DC on Monday. Today is a 3 mile run and then I'll probably go for a 2 mile run tomorrow and then that's it until Sunday. We leave for NOLA on Friday. Yay! Weather is supposed to be in the 70s when we're there and in the low 60s for race day. That's quite a change from the 20-30F weather I've been training in! :D
Good Luck dandy! Sounds like great running weather and great after running weather for going out :)

wahday

Cyburbian
Perfect race day weather! As someone who has done tapers for a few different sports, I can attest to their effectiveness! You'll feel like a million bucks. At least part of the way...

Go get 'em!