• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

S.o.s.

Cyburbian-ess

Hello fellow cyburbinites:
I am new to this whole thing...have made a few posts, and then receive emails telling me that someone has responded to my "thread." I click on the link, and nothing!
Will someone please explain this to me? How do I access/reply to these messages?
MANY THANKS!!!

BKM

Cyburbian
You need to close out of Internet Explorer or at least Cyburbia entirely before clicking on the e-mail link. It appears that the Forum program requires "time" to catch up.

Am I right, Dan?

Hope this helps.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
BKM said:
You need to close out of Internet Explorer or at least Cyburbia entirely before clicking on the e-mail link. It appears that the Forum program requires "time" to catch up.

Am I right, Dan?

Hope this helps.
It depends on the mail program, the way the browser is configured, if there's any pop-up ad blocking programs installed ... really, it's hard to say.

I have the e-mail notification option turned off in my user options. Some people like it, but I don't want to get send messages every time someone posts something in a thread where I've participated; if I want e-mail, I'll just click the "E-mail notification" checkbox in the post.

You might want to try and copy the URL from the mail message and paste it into the browser address field. You can also bookmark posts you've participated in.