• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

satan

Tom R

Cyburbian
If Clapton is god, who is satan?

Hanson?
Slim Whitman?
Yanni?

BKM

Cyburbian
Who says Satan can't manifest as a woman?

I vote for Madonna (self-involved/self-righteous, horrible music, corruption masquerading as "freedom")

Or, maybe, the entire field of "gangsta rappers" solving as a devil's chorus "just saying how it is, man." Yucko.

El Feo

Cyburbian
Tom R said:
If Clapton is god, who is satan?

Hanson?
Slim Whitman?
Yanni?
Sim Whitman? Slim is in the Choir of Angels, sorry. He saved us from the Martians, after all.

I'd second Madonna. Hell is a continuous loop of her latest.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
You are all wrong. I am Satan.

Why must evil people be tempted? The other day I was at Target and passed the half-off candy isle. A mother with a child in the cart stopped and said to the kid (maybe two years old) "don't go anywhere" as she left to go down the isle. The kid got a worried look on its face and I knew what I had to do...

No, not push the cart away. They would find her in a few minutes. A truly evil person doesn't go for the simple, unimaginative act. He looks for more subtle ways to leave permanent psychological scars. The correct thing to do would have been to turn to the kid and whisper "your mother is never coming back."

Of course I didn't do it. But the thought and the temptation were there. Why does our society put in place so many rules to deny our evil nature? I want to celebrate the purity of the evil within me! I'll make them pay for this! Bwahahahaha....

Is it pill time yet?

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
all pop-ish void musicians... (ie brintney spears) plus all Nu-metal crappy bands (ie linkin park)
That'd be my guess...

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Bono? Working towards world peace so he can then conqure us all?

Madonna is a genius because she's always "reinventing herself." Just kidding. :-#

Duke Of Dystopia

Cyburbian
I can tell you some of the worst minions of hell hapen to be the legions of frogs....errr Frenchman that inhabit the lower planes. They have wreaked untold harm on the mental welfare of the planet by pushing the corupt grape juice known as wine on the world. Everyobdy KNOWS that wine is the simpletons drink. HELL, MONKEYS have figured out how to make wine using a hollow log and a freakin stick. COMPLETLY DISGUSTING! :)

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
nerudite said:
You must have your beer googles on. She's looking more and more like your avatar every day.
Yep, she might look like that in the morning Stupid!! (insulting myself)

El Feo

Cyburbian
Re: Re: satan

H said:
I think Clapton is Satan. His only goods songs were stolen from JJ Calle.
You know, I've been thinking about this too - you're definitely moving into "Satan" territory when you start getting airplay on the "lite rock" stations.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Chet stole my idea. Barbra Streisand is satan. She hasn't done s--t in years, yet she is a major Hollywood player. She is the most pretentious annoying person this side of Val Kilmer. She must be satan to keep up this public profile.

Tom R

Cyburbian
Re: Re: satan

H said:
I think Clapton is Satan. His only goods songs were stolen from JJ Calle.
Blaspheme!

By Derick and the Dominoes, Cream, Blind Faith and all that is holy, I curseth thee!

el Guapo

Capitalist
Zamfir and his pan flute or Chet I'm not sure yet. Let me think on this one. ;)

BKM

Cyburbian
Actually, Zamfir wrote a cool classical concerto for the pan flute...as I hide my head in shame for knowing this