• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Scariest Halloween Avatar Contest

Who do you think has the scariest Halloween avatar?

• mendelman [IMG]http://www.cyburbia.org/forums/images/avatars/sprockets.jpg[/IMG]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Martini[IMG]http://www.cyburbia.org/gallery/data/527/19skully.gif[/IMG]

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Cardinal [IMG]http://www.cyburbia.org/gallery/data/527/19vba915c8331-thumb.jpg[/IMG]

Votes: 22 59.5%
  • Plannerbabs[IMG]http://www.cyburbia.org/forums/images/avatars/jack_nicholson.jpg[/IMG]

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • BiteMeElmo [IMG]http://www.cyburbia.org/gallery/data/527/19code1_1_.gif[/IMG]

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • None of the above (provide your choice)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Big Easy King [IMG]http://www.cyburbia.org/forums/images/avatars/count.jpg[/IMG]

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Hey Kiddies - we've seen some pretty creative avatars this week so let's have a contest to see who people think snagged the scariest!

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
No contest. Cardinal's scares the bejeezus out of me.

martini

Cyburbian
I'm honored to be on the list, but the waifish ghostly appearance of Cardinals outdoes me. Congrats Dan!

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Get the womyn and children out of the room....it's Cardinal's avatar!!!

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
I'm also honored and delighted to be on the list, but have to agree with the others--Cardinal's is as unsettling as the empty London in 28 Days Later

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Cardinal's is good (in terms of cleverness)

But I met his avatar in person and the av is pretty benign.(said in a calming, patronizing voice;-))

Plannerbabs on the other hand...........AHHHHHHHHH!

[no tv, no beer, make Homer something, something)

(Thanks for the nomi. TP)

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
all work and no play makes jack a dull boy all work and no play makes jack a dull boy all work and no play makes jack a dull boy

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
oh my, how will I sleep through the night let alone get to sleep
knowing that Cardinal is loose and roaming about.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
OK, JNA, when I really stop and look at your avatar I get it. But just a cursory glance keeps reminding me of my (condemned to hell) ex-'s fave movie The Wickerman. Bet all you guys know this one?? I mentioned it ONE time at work and all the engineers said "Oh, cool movie".

Rem

Cyburbian
Isn't JNA's the black knight from Monty Python?

I voted for Plannerbabs - it's a scary movie and I've never understood the let's get JordanB game - reminds me of the way birds might attack one of their flock that has been injured, is sick, old or simply fallen out its tree (sorry Cyburbanites that are injured, sick, old or have fallen from a tree).

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
ZG -
What is this movie " The Wickerman" that you speak of?

Rem -
That is one of the Knights Who Say... 'Ni'!

HEAD KNIGHT:
Then, when you have found the shrubbery, you must place it here beside this shrubbery, only slightly higher so you get the two-level effect with a little path running down the middle.
KNIGHTS OF NI:
A path! A path! A path

from
http://www.mwscomp.com/movies/grail/grail.htm#script

Last edited:

Rem

Cyburbian
JNA said:
Rem -
That is one of the Knights Who Say... 'Ni'!
Of course. I saw a knight, knew it was Monty Python .... blew it.

I actually hired the Holy Grail video earlier this year to see if my kids would like it (ages 9, 11 and 13). I thought they would not get the weak "special effects" and lack of gloss but they really loved it. Must get some more MP videos out for them. Thanks for reminding me.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Rem said:
Of course. I saw a knight, knew it was Monty Python .... blew it.

I actually hired the Holy Grail video earlier this year to see if my kids would like it (ages 9, 11 and 13). I thought they would not get the weak "special effects" and lack of gloss but they really loved it. Must get some more MP videos out for them. Thanks for reminding me.
Get all the original BBC MP episodes. They are all on DVD or VHS and are a great resource to have. Many may be indecipherable to the younger crowd (it took me a couple years to finally get some of the jokes), but they never become stale.

Plus there are about 45, 30 minute, episodes, so it would make a great marathon.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Rem said:
I've never understood the let's get JordanB game - reminds me of the way birds might attack one of their flock that has been injured, is sick, old or simply fallen out its tree (sorry Cyburbanites that are injured, sick, old or have fallen from a tree).
There was no offense to Jordanb intended in my adopting his avatar for Halloween. His is one of the more recognizable avatars at Cyburbia, so it was an easy choice. I contemplated the old Chet avatar, but it has been used so many times before. Mike D's silky-smooth legs would have been a back-up choice. :)

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
mendelman said:
Get all the original BBC MP episodes. They are all on DVD or VHS and are a great resource to have. Many may be indecipherable to the younger crowd (it took me a couple years to finally get some of the jokes), but they never become stale.

Plus there are about 45, 30 minute, episodes, so it would make a great marathon.
I love MP, of course a Brit friend of mine said 'you americans don't understand half of the jokes in MP.' Probably right. But The Holy Grail is still on of the best movies.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
JNA said:
ZG -
What is this movie " The Wickerman" that you speak of?

url]
Oh, the Wickerman was a thoroughly icky movie. Edward Woodward was a cop sent to a British island to investigate something or other, and in the end he was burned to death inside a giant wicker figure as part of a festival. Low-budget, etc. I only saw it once, that was more than enough. That's where your "woody" figure threw me for a second, until I recognized it was a Ni.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Isn't Cardinal using Steve Bartman for an avatar?

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.