• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Scavenger Hunt

Wannaplan?

Galactic Superstar
Post here the most rugged photos ever that you have found on the net.

Top these ones, suckas!

SGB

Cyburbian

Two adult Iranian twins joined at the skull finally appear set to finally undergo the operation to separate them which they have been pursuing for years.

The risks of the operation are such that in 1996 German doctors refused to operate, saying one or both could die.

The full BBC story

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Hmm, I don't think the little girls are exactly "rugged."

Alan may have cars but does he have a burning car?

For Repo Man

...and to sweeten the thread

SGB

Cyburbian

Members of the He-man Chainsaw Marching Band close out the annual Ithaca (NY) Festival Parade .

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Alan - If Ernie Banks saw them he'd exclaim "Let's play two!!"

donk

Cyburbian
You'd have to be rugged to hang artwork like this in your (mobile) home.

Seabishop

Cyburbian
donk said:
You'd have to be rugged to hang artwork like this in your (mobile) home.
When my wife and I were househunting we looked at one where every room was filled with the owner's own fanatasy artwork of muscular women slaying dragons, unicorns etc. It was hard to keep a straight face with the realtor.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
RUGGED! land use

Good road in New Mexico

RUGGED! pickup truck

RUGGED! rug

el Guapo

Capitalist
A-10 Flown back to base with battle damage from war in Iraq (2) by woman pilot. She be rugged & da plane be rugged.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Alan - I looked at the source of the images. They're all of one person! I know the type, because the town I lived in in Florida was filled with 'em ... very well-off blue collar folks, usually working in construction, with lots of toys; boats, jet-skis, dirt bikes, guns (paintball and otherwise), RVs, modded pickups, the most expensive Nextel phone on the market, and so on.

Wannaplan?

Galactic Superstar
Yeah, that website was bizarre! I did a search for something work-related and I came across that stuff. I couldn't pass that one over and had to share the joy with everyone here! Man, those dudes are RUGGED!

Dan said:
Alan - I looked at the source of the images. They're all of one person! I know the type, because the town I lived in in Florida was filled with 'em ... very well-off blue collar folks, usually working in construction, with lots of toys; boats, jet-skis, dirt bikes, guns (paintball and otherwise), RVs, modded pickups, the most expensive Nextel phone on the market, and so on.

donk

Cyburbian
What did you expect when their website has cr500ridr in the address?

I did a little visit through his website, he has a geography degree with a specialization in geomorphology. Guess he knows what the rock and water formations that he is destroying with his truck and motorcycles are.

For EG, he collects guns, has 13 of them.

donk

Cyburbian
Hope this picture shows up ok, yes that is me and some friends out riding when we came across a bear hunting camps with 2 bears hung up in the trees.

OMG! Sorry mike, that's the anti-rugged. he is beyond adorable. i was wondering when you'd post us a pic. :)

Jeff

Cyburbian
Downtown said:
OMG! Sorry mike, that's the anti-rugged. he is beyond adorable. i was wondering when you'd post us a pic. :)
I've been putting them up in the Gallery....

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Downtown said:
He looks like Ashton Kutcher.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Forget the Green Book and Planning magazine ... here's some RUGGED! required reading material.

Remember, kids ...

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
How about anti-rugged?

This would definitely qualify as anti-rugged

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Which one of these is not like the other? Pick out the RUGGED! image from the following.