• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Scenario

What would be the most horrible torture?

• The O'Rilley Factor -24x7

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Bill Clinton's first State of the Union Speech - looped forever

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • The Rush Limbaugh TV Show - All Day Every Day

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Touched By an Angel - The Marathon

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • The MDA telethon - with a heavy dose of manic Jerry!

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters

el Guapo

Capitalist
A team of evil Canadian scientists (is there any other kind?) have captured you for their grusome experiments. See Photo Below:

Which of the television shows violates human rights the most?

Super Mods feel free to add to the selections.

planasaurus

Cyburbian
Next to NPR interrupting my morning listening with their fundraising - the MDA is torture

Mastiff

Gunfighter
I'm not French...

...so Jerry got the nod.

Where did you find the still from "A Clockwork Orange", Guap?

And my droogs would drat forever before they let those lewdies get thier merzky rookers on me!

el Guapo

Capitalist
I just type "clockwork orange" into copernic and boom - web pages galore.

Copernic - I love thee

I once went trick or treating in an outfit with a large white codpiece. I was 27 at the time.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Am I being tortured with American shows or Canadian shows? Bad American shows would pack a quicker punch, but I'd experience shock quickly. Canadian shows would inflict a longer, more drawn out punishment, inflicting the kind of boredom that is usally only experienced by prisoners in solitary confinement.

American television

Anything on CBS that appeals to the "Leisure Acres Village" crowd
Sabado Gigante, with the senoritas blurred out
Anything on WB
Anything on the Lifetime Network -- All men are slime!

Canadian television

Headline Hunters
Any curling match
Road to Avonlea
Emily of New Moon

donk

Cyburbian
For torture / cure for insomnia I'll add

Adrienne Clarkson Presents
Man Alive

GeogPlanner

Cyburbian
planasaurus said:
Next to NPR interrupting my morning listening with their fundraising - the MDA is torture
we're in the middle of a fund drive and it was hell being stuck in the car on a 4 hour trip with crap to listen to and no informative programming (unless you call the rants of AM talk radio informative..ugh!)

Repo Man

Cyburbian
How about a never ending public hearing on a proposal to re-zone a parcel of land for a Wal Mart...or anything else for that matter....

Imagine hearing the following cliches over and over and over:

"It will increase crime"
"It will bring in undesirables"
"It will increase traffic"
"It will lower property values"
"I think the land should remain open space"

I think I have heard those 5 lines at every single public hearing I have ever attended.

jtfortin said:
How about a never ending public hearing on a proposal to re-zone a parcel of land for a Wal Mart...or anything else for that matter....

Imagine hearing the following cliches over and over and over:

"It will increase crime"
"It will bring in undesirables"
"It will increase traffic"
"It will lower property values"
"I think the land should remain open space"

I think I have heard those 5 lines at every single public hearing I have ever attended.
Not to get off of the subject, but I've been there done that. One meeting lasted so long, the Commission purposely ended it and reconvened for a special meeting the following week. I think that particular meeting lasted even longer.

planasaurus

Cyburbian
Dan said:

American television

Anything on CBS that appeals to the "Leisure Acres Village" crowd
Sabado Gigante, with the senoritas blurred out
Anything on WB
Anything on the Lifetime Network -- All men are slime!

[/B]
I have to admit that I love Seventh Heaven on the WB. It is just the funniest show I have seen in years, and I watch it several times a week. My boyfriend, however, does not share my feelings, and will only watch it intoxicated.

Hmm... don't even want to begin to touch the 7th Heaven topic. But I have to admit, I am a HUGE Gilmore Girls fan. And my husband was way into Buffy before they switched over to UPN and began to suck.