• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Scott LeCount for AICP President

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
No offense to those currently in office intended.

Did anyone read LeCount's guest viewpoint (Planning magazine, June 2003, P. 46?)

IMHO, his opinions are a dead-on assessment of the problems with, and some solutions for, our profession. Glad to see its getting some recognition. Now all we need is some buy-in and action from the leadership.

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
I just got back from vacation today, and quickly glances through Planning. I agree...it's nice to see a viewpoint like that getting some play in the magazine....

Repo Man

Cyburbian
I just read it and I couldn't agree more. Has LeCount been snooping around cyburbia? :) Seems like the things he speaks of are also a concern to manny of us.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Doubletake

[shocked]Wow, where the hell did that come from? Some sacred cows were roasted in that op-ed piece. He forgot to mention war planning, NASCAR and gun collecting in the column as necessary parts to a broader APA agenda, but I think he did OK overall.[/shocked]